Chapter 9: Bearers Of Tradition

A/N: I wanted to put this image on the last chapter but it hadn't been possible. It's the Family Tree -sort of- of the royals, with their current age, position and cultivation. Let's not care about the generation before for they no longer live in the palace

For those who can't see the image

Xian Xie Late queen Late Adept 2 children

Xian Shanlin (40) Royal advisor Late Adept 4 children

Xian Minqi (39) Mid Adept 2 children

Late queen's children

Xian Qin Liao (22) 1st prince. No core

Xian Jue Seyran (19) 2nd princess Late Novice

Shanlin's children

Xian Su Qiun 1st princess (23) Mid medium

Xian Jun Lin 2nd prince (18) Mid Medium

Xian Xue Zhi 3rd princess (18) Early Medium

Xian Bai Ming 4th princess (16) Late Medium

Minqi's children

Xian Shao Yang. Dead. 5th princess

Xian Xin Fen (11) 3rd prince No core

The fathers, well, since these women have many consorts, pinpointing one to be their child's specific father ain't really convenient nor Is it important. It was for Seyran that everyone knew for certain that Zixin was her father, since by the time of her conception, he was the only one that the queen favored.

*** 

**

*

"Easy" said one of the monkeys to Huang's question. "You just have to call me 'Oh mighty respectable one' with reverence in your voice and whatever you inquired this one will answer." It made an exaggerate gesture of lifting one of its hand in the air. The two fellow monkeys by its side laughed, one slapping the one which talked on its shoulder for its ingenuity. Which one of them didn't know that red little annoying bird in this wide forest? Not talking about animals with fur even those with scales and feathers got angered by it these last two years and here it came again wanting others' help yet having this kind of overbearing attitude still.

There were other animals at the feet of the trees which were laughing too; delighting in the red bird's humiliation.

Actually Huang had not being as overbearing as they were saying. It even said 'please' –although not really thinking it, however, wishing by that to have quicker results- but it was just that, holding onto yesterday's grudges, those monkeys were unwilling to aid. How could the little birdie tolerated being laughed at? Its humbleness flew right out its head.