Chapter 5: An Agreement

"Still not talking?"

The little bird swallowed audibly. It could feel her patience wearing thin and that killing intent was arousing yet again!

"This one forgot!" It hastily said, swallowing the insult it was prepared to say the moment she got up.

Seyran's lips curved and the birdie almost wet itself. This wench was going to kill it, she was really going to!

"I swear I do not know. In this whole forest I am the only one like that!"

Really, it didn't know. But it was majestic for certain. The nobility was engraved in its blood, like basic instinct telling it that it was born to be higher than others beasts. So, humans, that it already considered inferior to beast, of course they wouldn't enter its eyes.

"How disappointing!" whispered Seyran. She looked at Yenaigai, he appeared completely oblivious to what the birdie was saying, staring at it with deep concentration still trying to see if his memory had any information about such a beast. Utterly disappointing she thought. In the end she understood, she could hear him just because it was her mana that it ate, thus creating a certain kind of link between them.

She touched the upper extremity of the cage and pressed it. The cage started to shrink, losing its height little but little.

"Does it already have a master?" asked Yenaigai surprise by her sudden motion. He immediately regretted it and apologized in a small voice, a little afraid. But it didn't seem like his mistress was listening to him anyway. Her eyes were so clear and had such a deep blue. A suffocating atmosphere was create around her and he was doing his all to not take some steps back.

"None" the birdie shouted at once, at the top of it lungs, yet only heard by Seyran. "None, none none none. This one is willing to lower itself to help you" It was saying.

But the crying voice in her head just made her accelerated the shrinking.

"Isn't it excessive? Aren't you too ruthless? I ate just a little of your fire, it wasn't really that delicious you know!"

She kept an inexpressive face, still decreasing the cage little by little. It would end up crushed right?! Better loose face than life!!!!

"Okay I lied I lied I lied, it was the best. And that essence was the best of the best, way more nutritious than any qi I have tasted so far."

The bully, she was a big bully, not even acknowledging her target's repentance.

"It was just a little stealing. Anyone would die without food you know!" It was agitating itself now, flapping its wing in big movements, wanting to be listened to. "My bad, I won't take your essence again. But I felt like dying you know!? When there is a lifebuoy in front of you how can you be heartless and let it go to waste. Ah, I couldn't afford to lose this life you know!"

But the woman wasn't hearing at all! Was it really going to be crushed? This one had no heart ah! The little bird tried to change into fire, it tried its hardest, it really did; but it couldn't anymore. So powerless was it that it collapsed and started wailing. Hungry, it was so hungry. It's been two years since it hadn't eaten and now it would die because it dared steal where it shouldn't.

"This great one" It started then ended in a pitiful voice that was cracking "this one, beg your pardon"

Seyran stopped; the cage was just one time and a half the height of the bird. There hadn't been any sneak attack, it seemed like this bird really hadn't any energy left.