Chapter 15: Potent Poison

I dedicate this chapter to everyone, I deeply thank you for reading.

It's been a while huh, sorry about that. Considering the time –waouh, almost four months, really?-, you certainly forgot most of the characters, if not all.

No need to reread. Let me refresh your memory.

Seyran was a queen in Unzu. She was killed by her sisters and when her eyes opened again she found herself in a younger version of her body, in another country, with another identity but somewhat lacking some memories. A strange thing was, that soothing sensation of coming home she felt. Not knowing how to deal with what she felt for her sisters, unable to hate them yet unable to keep on liking them, she chose to ignore her last life for the moment and indulged herself in an eventless life. Well, that didn't last very long. Her cousins and aunt got wind of the real crown princess waking up and her young cousin, the fourth princess, Bai Ming, who recently came back from overseas studies, especially made a trip to challenge her. However, she didn't find her target so had to satisfy herself by kidnapping and torturing the loyal servant instead. Upon coming back and finding Yenaigai -the servant- missing, Seyran made a trip to the palace. There, she proceeded to kill the puppet crown princess placed by her aunt Shanlin, using for that Fenrir, the renowned mythological beast, protector of the country –Yande-. Su Qiun, the second princess and first daughter of Shanlin, upon understanding what brought Seyran there, proceeded to threaten her younger sister to have her free the servant, quite annoyed that Bai Ming disrupted her own plans.

And so, the next day Yenaigai was found, however, he wasn't really himself anymore, a possibility that Seyran never really thought about, too used to how things were in her last life. The young man seemed to have lost his mind, trying to kill himself in his unconscious state. Physicians were called but until now, no one could say with clarity what was wrong with the man, let alone cure him. Thus, any thought of peaceful departure fled Seyran's mind as she was now ready to even the scores.

Well, this is what happened until now, minor some details.

P.S: Do remember too, that this world has a matriarchal system and use a bit of cultivation –don't think too deeply about it.

I know usual matriarchy had no wedding and sort, but where would be the fun in that? So let's play along with this world matriarchal system logic.

Here are the characters if you've forgotten them too. The ones that are here in this chapter anyway, let's not list them all and avoid info dump.

Seyran: Main character, second princess, daughter of the late queen. She's also the crown princess;

Yenaigai: Seyran's servant. The only one present when she woke up;

Shen Ai: leader, captain of the crown princess's guards, and great grand-daughter of elder Shen;

Yue Meili, Tian Gu, Zhang Bei: crown princess's guards and Shen Ai's subordinates;

Shanlin: Seyran's aunt;

Elder Shen: actual leader of the bearers of tradition, the four principal most influential clans after the imperial family;

Huang: a red little bird that lost it memories. It followed Seyran and obeyed her in exchange for food –well, mana and qi actually-;

***

**

*

For the time she had endured, an hour approximately, the physician who came was yet another person who had no idea of what ailed the bedridden man. The newcomer almost diagnosed it as mental illness, unable to be cured. For those without a core, usually, when it wasn't a flesh wound, it was a trouble with their mind. The young physician wasn't experienced enough to know beyond that. However, looking at the crown princess's expressionless face and glancing at her colleagues that were avoiding her gaze, she rather tactfully admitted,