Chapter Eight

"The day I cry, will be the day I loose everything."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You can stop spinning me round like a spiny top now" I yawn, the dance finally coming to an end as Kol dashingly twirls me around. "I'll have a concussion if you keep doing so"

Kol sniggers at this, but I can tell he's bored, his eyes are gloomy and he keeps making eye contact with his sister who's getting spun dearly by Matt.

By the opposite side of the grand white marble stairs, a small band of violinist play, a girl with a harp, and even a man with a small bass drum. Together they all make a a sound of harmony.

Sadly for the band, happily for me, the song comes to an end, making me and Kol separate completely as I walk the opposite way.

Elena is about to chase up the stairs, after Esther I'm guessing, heeling her dress up and she shutters away. I almost dread the fact when Damon comes rushing in, blocking her path, stopping her from any communication with Esther the evil witch.

They seem to be arguing, Elena doing that odd arched eyebrow look when she's mad, and Damons face is all screwed up as he speaks.

They soon break away, the smell of lingering melted chocolate foaming my way. I'm sure Elena and Esther can wait?

I smile to the floor, feeling the need to congratulate myself on the location of the fondue chocolate mountain. People queuing up with small cocktail sticks filled with different kinds of sweets. Marshmallows mostly are seen as they get coated in the drizzled chocolate.

I push infront of a girl who looks nearly as eager as me, except her face is chunky, and she's giving me a devilish look. A glare as I squeeze myself infront of her.

"Oh please, I think you need to lay off the chocolate" I wheeze, before grabbing a cocktail stick and filling it with Strawberrys and Marshmallows.

The girl ignores me as Stefan pushes infront of her also, her folding her arms over her yellow dress as she stares Stefan up and down. "Bit harsh Alexis"

I make my way up the table, the pouring waves of chocolate nearing closer as my deranged brother follows my lead. "Says the one with the humanity off"

He rolls his eyes, filling his stick with only Strawberrys. "How was dancing with Kol?"

"Whys everyone so bothered about that" I curse, the cue getting shorter as another man leaves with a drip of chocolate dropping down his chin.

"Oh I don't know- oh yeah, because your dancing with Kol" he rephrases sarcastically as I choose to ignore him. There's one more person infront of me, then I can finally taste the goodness-

"Also we need to go snap Damons neck" with a tug of an arm, him strongly pulling me away with a mischievous grin attached to his smug face as Elena nods discreetly towards him.

"Your joking me- I lined up for that Chocolate and you just-" I seethe, attempting not to lash out on my brother over a stick of food.

Stefan leads me to the library, a smaller one filled with rails and rails of books. All different colours with gold wisps of embroidered writing on each. There's a leather couch in the centre, as Stefan hides at the back of the room.

"As soon as Damon comes in here, snap his neck" Stefan commands, feeling quite nervous about why I'm snapping his neck.

"Why can't you do it!" I whisper, in a shouty tone as Elenas footsteps can be heard waddling in.