Chapter Sixteen

Emotions Can Be Turned Off.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

1864.
The view fades out in an eerie white, zooming into me running through the woods. 2 weeks into becoming a vampire, and my face is stained with tears, my white dress muddy and full of grime as I ran. The trees looming forward as the tears blew off my face.

I didn't stop running, searching for Kol who said he'd always come when I needed him. However he knew, he always appeared. I trusted him, knowing him for only 2 weeks or so, it seemed like forever.

"KOL!" I screamed, my face scrunched as tears didn't stop running. Just spreading down my face, my eyes blood shot and puffy.

I fell to my knees, the moon shining on me as I whine, my head in my hands. The hunger still lurked in my stomach, Katherine Pierce being captured and Damon and Stefan going A wall to find her. Leaving me to fend for myself once more.

A heard it, the whiz of air that a vampire made when it's using its abnormal speed to get to one place to another. A holding of arms held me up as I fell on the shoulder of my friend that I treasured so dearly. Despite his fearful and treacherous past, I think the world of him. For eternity.

"Alexis? Alexis what's wrong?" His British accent soothing me momentarily as soon as my eyes began to well up again.

"Kol, I thought he was my father" I cried once more, me not being able to hold it in.

Kol looked puzzled as his suit and tie clinched to his carved body, his eyes scanning me as he caressed my cheek with concern. "A-Alexis?"

"He's not even my father Kol, whom I thought he was. He isn't my father" I whined, crying on his shoulder once more, my dress corset reducing my gasps.

My head snapped up, Kol looking down at me. "Your not of his blood? Your not of the Salvatore bloodline?" He questioned, him now holding me up with his undoubtedly strong strength.

"No Kol, I'm not, I thought I was, but the files and documents in his draws say otherwise" I blurt out, my legs wobbling as I digest this piece of information. "Adoption papers from when I was born. My mother wanted a girl, as she couldn't reproduce anymore, my father bought her a new born girl baby. How absurd"

"Your a state Alexis, and I'm sure they will always think of you as there sister. Maybe Damon and Stefan dont even know themselves" Kol explained, him taking my hand and walking through the forest.

"I can't do this anymore, I don't want to live forever if the secrets I have yet to figure are as bad and upsetting as these. I can't Kol" I shake my head dropping to the floor, the white dress right around my waist.

Kol leant forward and kiss my forward as he knelt on the floor also, looking into my eyes with care. "Alexis, I won't ever wish for you to be this upset or this miserable ever in your life. I would never wish for you to ever say such a thing about wasting a gift of the vampire race, so, Alexis my dearest, I want you to forget this day-" he looked into my eyes as the compulsion started to work it's ways once more. "-instead, you came out into the woods to talk to me, we had fun and laughed all night. You never heard about you being adopted, instead you believe your a Salvatore at blood."

-/-

My eyes flash open, then adjusting to the light as my brain studies the memory that just rattled my head. I couldn't get to grips for what I had just heard, or seen, or experienced. It was absurd and crazy to even think about the possibility. However, I don't even remember the day, presumably Kol wiped every single memory of mine up except the one in the Alley. So it's not like it'd ever come to mind of its
Remembrance.