Chapter Nine

Possibly the hardest thing to do is stay alive and stay happy
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rolling out of bed, taking my phone from the top of my side draw. The buzzing of missed messages from company's that ring for no apparent reason. I begin to stumble out of my bed, the smudge makeup from the previous night as I walk along the top floor.

Damons door is slammed shut, he's in a mood because of the whole 'him and Elena argument'. Big deal, people argue every day. If I had a tantrum every time someone argued, I'd go insane. Oh wait, I already am.

The floor boards creak as I peer into Stefans room, him staring into space writing, scribbling down in his diary. His room is filled with odd architecture designing things, some quite unique pieces of art hung on the walls and his not so 'grand' bed stands in the centre.

"Hey Stefan" I walk in, already have slipped my jeans and top on of Elena's. His focus snaps towards me, but before he could answer his phone starts vibrating on his desk.

Stefan looks slightly weary as the name pops up, his iPhone illuminating his dark features. His eyes skim it, back and forth as he decides to end the call on who I presume was Elena. The girl who's torn between the two Salvatore brothers.

"What's wrong?" I oestrus, leaning on his desk as his phone goes to voicemail on Elena.

"Last night me and Elena-" he stutters, the pen leant on his finger as the words dry on the paper. "We kissed."

I roll my eyes, expecting something abit  more dramatic coming from the vibe he's giving off. I can smell the anxiety reeking off him. "And?"

Stefan shakes his head, no emotion in his eyes as he slams his diary shut. "She almost turned my humanity back on-"

"-and why didn't you let her dickhead!" I raise my voice slightly, but Stefan shushes me, obviously not wanting the already furious Damon too hear.

"Because when I do all I feel is pain" he sighs softly, his mossy green shirt sticking towards his body as he shifts himself on his chair.

"Oh" I clap, a smirk coming on my mouth. "Your nearly as depressing as when you are with your humanity on. And that my brother, shows something" I laugh as he glares at me.

Before he can take back another heart beating comment, I hear another ringing of a phone, coming from Damons room. My eyes widen, in curiosity, and I rush to his room, the door flying open just before he decides to answer the phone.

What's so urgent? I wonder to myself that Elena has not only gone and rang Stefan, but almost a minute later try's to contact Damon.

"Oi, I could've been naked!" Damon shouts as I shrug and sit eagerly on the end of his bed as he puts the phone to his ear.

"What." Damon echos as he presses the phone to his ear, hearing Elenas voice.

"Hey-I-I called you ten times last night" Elena sighed through the phone. "We need to talk"

Damons eyes lit up in satisfaction at the moment but was soon swept away. "Sorry- I've been busy" his words laced in sarcasm.

"If your mad at me Damon you need to get over it-" Elena breathed out, but I can sense the guilt in her voice as she speaks.

"Oh I'm over it" Damon snaps before hanging up the phone and placing it on the bed side table.

"What even happened between you two last night?" My eyes follow his hand, his blue daylight ring rubbing against his finger.