Chapter Twenty-Three

Something rattled my ears non-stop, I don't know what it was. But it did irritate me. I had forgot about what happened, like it was most likely a dream of some sort. But whatever I was lead on, wasn't the comfiest of beds ive always perched on. I scrambled up, I tried to. My body was weak and sore, and other groaning could be heard beside me.

My eyes twitched open, my throat raw and bursting with the need for blood. All I see is darkness at first. Black circles blocking my vision. I keep blinking, focussing on what could be infront of me. Shapes crumpled together, blends of swirling colour and strings of like pouring through the window. Everything was blurry, I figured that I had a slow-rehealing concussion, if that's even possible.

My hands gripped the floor, my finger nails barely scraping the surface as I winced again for no apparent reason. The use of trying to get up was pointless. It irritated me how I was just trapped wherever I was. Yes, I remember now, Witches. Don't you love the fricking things.

I just stared boringly at the roof, the paint chipping once in a while, making the slowly drifting paint fall to the floor with a silent drop. I can't even look around me with taking up all my energy, and it takes a lot to tire the infamous Alexis Salvatore out I assure you. But now, I'm starting to think of what level of trouble I could've actually gotten myself in this time. Despite the fact I'm in trouble and mischief every other day, I decide to go against being a cocky shit and getting myself magically killed.

Another groan came beside me, it made me giggle a bit now I forgot Kol was here. Somewhere. I couldn't exactly move my head to look around, like I was in a paralytic state of some sort. Even if I could, the colours and shapes wouldn't morph into their true forms. I tap the floor quietly, all my strength and energy trying to get Kols attention. I just felt weak, and useless. Hopeless in fact. I couldn't move, or talk, all I could do it think about how my makeup has no doubt probably wiped off making me look like a mess. I'm joking.

"Kol." I tried to shout, it came out as a stiffened whisper, my raw throat aching against my natural voice. Clogged up with flem and a need to cough. "Kol!" I tried again once louder, fighting for a voice loud enough for even me to hear. I start to get angry that Kol can't even move either. I haw clenches, frustrated with the fact staring at a roof frozen and weak is all I can do.

"KOL!" I scream, it actually coming out as a scream surprised me enough as a ruffle against the floor beside me awakened itself.

"Alexis...?" A hoarse sore voice erupted a few metres away from me. I roll my eyes and bite my gums slightly, still feeling drowsy and stiff.

"Yes you idiot it's Alexis, can you move? See? Talk?" I begin to ramble on, the loudness of my voice deepening at each word, letting me catch my uneven breath.

Kol as I can sense tensed slightly, being able to move a bit faster as he's only a bit older than me. Like a couple hundred years, more infact. A cold touch touches my hand, the crookedness of the fingers clamping around my own as his hand fits into mind. "Alexis? I think we're going to die."

He just blurted that out? Making his voice pour out in sucks dignity. I roll my eyes. "I'm not dying today! URGHHH WHY CANT I MOVE!" I scream again, my legs starting to stiffly bang against the floor boards underneath me.

"Kol!" I snap, my tantrum of panic and eagerness, if he thinks we're going to die, it must be bad. "You were a witch, tell me what this fricking spell is will you?" My eyes begin to see reconsciousness, colours and shapes actually making sense now.

Kol just stares up at the ceiling, his fists clenching as he groans in anger. He starts making this hideous screeching screaming sound. His fists began banging on the floor, using all his strength. The floor weakening and cracking with each strained hit.