chapter 2

➳༻❀🍃❀༺༻❀🍃❀༺➳

Alison

After dawn, I had a quick shower and got ready for school. I didn't like school very much, but anything that got me out every morning was more than fine, at least that wasn't against the rules.

I made it downstairs and had breakfast.

"Thanks, Henna," I dropped the dirty dishes in the sink.

"You're welcome."

I threw her a smile and turned to run off, when- "Ali, wait!" Henna stopped me.

I turned and watched her struggle with her words.

"Um...David asked you to see."

"What does he want?" I didn't want to talk to him, let alone see his face, not after the way he treated me last time.

"I don't know, it seemed very urgent..."

It's not like had a choice, I sighed and dragged myself towards his office until I was standing in front of his door.

I held onto the handle and pushed the door open, I didn't bother knocking.

Once I got in and noticed him staring out the window. I moved further and stood beside him, making my presence known.

 I moved further and stood beside him, making my presence known

I waited for a second before clearing my throat, "Well...What do you want?" I sighed, but I got cold silence in return.

5 minutes....

I stood there for almost 5 minutes and he still didn't say a word to me.

What's he looking at? I stretched out to catch a glimpse of what he was mopping at,

He had the silly habit of doing that and it made no sense, It wasn't like anyone was passing by or paying a visit to Alcatraz any time soon. I couldn't even remember the last time we had a guest come over, besides Bates, his lawyer.

"Still here, anytime now." I reminded him, he had clearly forgotten.

"You were late yesterday?" He finally spoke.

"I had a study session with some friends from school. I texted Henna I was going to be late." I went to a birthday party, and I didn't think he would notice, I was 30 minutes past curfew.

"You know the rules, Alison." He said again.

"Yes, and it won't happen again. Can I go now?"