Extras

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror as I dolled myself up. I had on a pink bikini, and scarf. I threw on a summer slip dress with some accessories.

I looked cute, I hoped the man I dressed for appreciates the effort.

I made my way outside and noticed Ben, Mr. Hertz's driver waiting out front for me.

"Where's Mr. Hertz?"

"He said to wait for him at the boat. I'll escort you."

I nodded and got in the back of the car. We drove for a while and arrived at the pier. I perched my sunglasses on my head as Ben took my hand and assisted me into the empty boat.

"Do you need anything?"

"When would Mr. Hertz get here?"

"I don't know. He only asked I bring you to the boat. I'll wait outside in case you need anything."

I nodded and watched him walk away before taking my time to admire the yacht.

It was enormous and nearly took the entire section of the pier, it had three floors, the main floor was the largest, the second, and then there was the deckhouse, which resembled an apartment.

I set my tote bag down and slipped out my dress, tieing my hair into a big, I tiptoed around,

I came across a box with some old stuff, it had old cameras, photos, ribbons, pins, sewing kit, David did mention the yacht was old and belonged to my family,

I grabbed the box and settled on the floor to look through the items, the cameras had long stopped working.

I took out the photos and glimpsed through them, there were several baby photos of my father, he was so adorable.

I giggled at them for a while.

I hardly took notice of David as he walked in, it took him kissing my side and wrapping a jacket around me to get my attention. "You should cover up, it's freezing."

"Well, hello." I chimed.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had a meeting."

"You should've called, I was worried." I told him as I turned to fully notice him, he had on a white polo and dark jeans, "You don't seem dressed for the occasion. Are we leaving?"

"Do you want to leave?"

I shook my head, "Not yet, well, I found this." I showed him the photos, "They are hilarious, look." we began laughing through them together, "Wait, that's you?!" I fell upon a group photo of him, my father, and two ladies, I didn't recognize them, "How old were you?"

"18."

"Wow. .. You look so handsome. Where was this?"

"Freshman year, college... We were at a fraternity party, it happened to be the same night we met Carmen."

I pointed at the only girl in the photo in shock,

"Wait, that's Carmen Carmen."

He nodded with a chuckle.

"She looks so different now."

"This was 20 years ago, a lot has changed since then."

"Who's the other lady?" She on the other hand had arms around my father, they looked like a couple.

"Jenna, my sister." His tone dropped, whilst mine gasped in shock.

I finally got a glimpse of someone from his side.

"Woah. She's so pretty, beauty must run in your family. Now I can't wait to meet the other members of your family, I bet your mom is stunning." He got awfully quiet, "Can I keep this?"

He nodded.

"keep all of it if you want."

I smiled and tucked the photos properly, especially the one of him. I wished there were more photos of him.

I then got closer and hugged him, he felt so warm, "I like it here, it's so warm and quiet." My heart fluttered at how natural we seemed.

"Come." David pulled me up suddenly,

I sent him a confused look but still followed him, ogling at the muscles in his back as led me up the two flights of stairs to the final floor, where there was a large pool in between.

"We are going for a swim." He started, dragging his jacket off me and tossing it onto a nearby chair, "You do know how to swim?"

He sent me a suspicious glare clearly referencing the extra funding I demanded monthly for my supposed swimming classes, luckily Dylan had been a dear and thought me the minimum basics.

"Of course." I could barely hold my breath underwater, "I know how to swim."

"Good." I completely lost all train of thought as he took off his shirt, before I could think straight, he effortlessly lifted me into his arms and submerged us in the deep, cold water.

I tried my hardest to stay afloat and before I had the chance to drown, arms wrapped around my waist, and kept me afloat.

Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around him and clung tightly to him. He chuckled as he watched my struggle.

"I hate you." I flashed water at him.

He slowly pulled us back to the deeper end.

"You said you could swim."

"I do."

"You can barely stay afloat, Ali."

"Who's fault is that? I wasn't ready." I scowled at him but then I sighed in defeat, "Fine, I lied. I never joined any swimming lesson."

He stopped and then brushed the wet hair from my face.

"I could teach you if you want."

My eyes widened with a grin.

"Really?"

"I'd let you pick a day."

"We should make coming here a tradition, two times a month maybe? Is that okay?

He nodded and I grinned up in excitement.

David then stopped and smiled at me, his eyes sparking with tenderness as he stroked my cheeks, I nearly melted by the way he was looking at me and I so desperately wanted to kiss him.

I bite down on my lower lip to draw his attention.

As if reading my thought he slowly inched his face closer. So close that I could feel his steady breathing, he seemed indecisive. I moved my face closer to speed up the process, but-

He graced my cheeks, instead. That was both disappointing and fishy. "Let's get you warm."

We returned to the base of the boat, he grabbed a dry towel and wrapped it around me to keep me warm.

I just stood watching him tender to me, too confused to even speak, but then-

I tugged at him his arm and made him look at me,

"You okay?" He asked.

I pulled forward, wrapped my arms around his neck, and took his lips against mine.

I knew it took him by surprise because he froze against me. Before he could push me away, I tilted my head, and pushed in even harder, kissing him harder, coaxing and waiting for him to return it but he didn't,

I pulled back in annoyance,

"Is there a reason why you won't kiss me? You really thought I wouldn't notice?"