Chapter 4

➳༻❀🥒❀༺༻❀🥒❀༺➳

Alison

It was a bearable morning the next day, I got ready for school, and finally, I applied some lipstick and made my way downstairs.

"Morning Henna," I pulled out a chair.

"Morning." She smiled at me. "What would our princess have for breakfast?"

I shrugged,

"Pancakes."

"Then, pancakes it is." She turned around to start with the preparations, "That reminds me." She scurried over to the drawer and pulled out a paper,

"Here is the consent note for your raise, Mr. Hertz asked I gave that to you."

He finally listened.

At least now I could afford extra those expensive skating lessons. I thought.

"You would have to mail it to your accountant." She reminded me.

"I know. Thank you." I said and stood up to leave.

"Not until you have breakfast young lady." Henna stopped me on the way.

"But, Henna," I whined.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you can't afford to miss it. Now Sit."

I grumbled.

"Ali. Sit." She warned,

I huffed in defeat and sat back,

I could never reach an argument with Henna, she always won. "And, here are some sweet delicious pancakes." She flipped hot pancakes on my empty plate.

"You know, one of these days. I'm going to miss how much you pamper me." I told her and she blushed profusely.

"Now eat up."

I shook my head at her with a laugh and then pouring some syrups on my pancakes, I ate.

Trust Henna to make the best pancakes,

She was the best.

I ate quickly and dropped the dishes in the sink,

"Thanks. I love you" I gave her a squashing and tight hug,

"Oh! I love you too. Alright. Now go on..."

I chuckled and scampered out of the kitchen.

I was hurrying towards the front door when someone opened it for. It was a boy my age, younger though.

"You must be Ali?" He asked.

"Who are you?" He didn't seem familiar one bit.

"Jason. I'm your new bodyguard."

"What?" I yelped.

"Did Mr. Hertz not inform you about this?"