Chapter 8

🍂🍃➳༻❀❀༺ 🍁༻❀❀༺➳🍂🍃

Alison

Dylan and I sat at a local park to have Ice Cream. Ice creams were the sanctuary of my soul on challenging days. I couldn't have enough.

We weren't alone, Jason stood at the far end watching the perimeter like a hawk,

"You think he wants one?" Dylan asked looking over at him.

"I think he's good," I said and then glanced up at the sky with a long sigh.

"What's up with you?" Dylan chimed in.

"What do you mean?" I tried to act clueless and scooped more ice cream, "It tastes so much better, maybe it's the weather."

"Don't try and change the subject, Ali. Is this another girl thing? You can tell me, right?"

I laughed at his reaction, he was acting so cute just like the first time he found out about periods in biology class, he almost cried, it was so hilarious.

"You're going nuts, Alison..."

"Dylan, I'm really okay." I partly lied.

"If you say so." He stared back suspiciously.

"Anyway." I got up suddenly and threw the empty cups in the trash, "I should get some practice before dark."

Dylan nodded and got up.

Jason drove slowly, following us behind. I didn't care, as long as he didn't get in my way,

We arrived at the ice hall, Dylan and I wore our skating shoes and played around a bit.

We were the only ones on the rink, so I took the time and practised some new moves coach taught me, whilst trying to escape from my excessively anxious mind.

"So what's really going on with you?" Dylan pestered and tried to catch up with me, he was pretty terrible at skating.

"I made the figure skating contest,
which is also on my birthday. I guess I am nervous." I told him, which wasn't a complete lie, I did get in, I just didn't tell anyone.

"That's amazing, Alison. That's not something to be nervous about."

"I know." I smiled and glided in circles.

"You got this." He said,

I was glad the conversation was over because it would have escalated quickly.

'Hey Dylan, I had gone and done something stupid. I kissed my guardian, so much that I really wouldn't mind doing it again and again...'

He would freak out and probably confront Mr. Hertz, which was the worst thing that could happen, besides Mr. Hertz getting arrested.

"Does Mr. Hertz know?" Dylan asked out of the blue and broke me out of my subconscious.

"Wait, What..?" I stopped moving,

Did I think that out loud? I thought.

"About the contest?" He clarified and I sighed in huge relief, he almost gave me a heart attack, "Are you afraid he might not approve?"

"I haven't told him yet." I said and continued skating, "I plan on telling  him tonight, amongst other things." I went on gliding and reminiscing last night's events.

"I hope he listens." he said.

"Me too."

I was enjoying practising until Jason appeared out of nowhere and cut down the fun,