Chapter 17

Alison

I couldn't sleep so I wriggled into Mr. Hertz's bed to wait for him, he had crimson satin sheets that smelled just like him. I groaned and soaked in the strong scent, inhaling deeply.

It was Friday and almost past midnight, it didn't seem like he was coming in today, at least that was what I thought until I felt a warm cloth over me.

My eyelids fluttered open and I was greeted by Mr. Hertz's warm face.

"Hi."

"Hey--" I looked past his face and took in his suitcase at the corner, I was immediately reminded I was in his bed, "You're back." I sat up quickly.

He smiled, rubbing my chin,

"I didn't think you would make it back today."

"My flight got delayed." He sat next to me and I moved over to give him more room to sit, "How are you?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Worried, why didn't you reach out?" I asked.

"I didn't want to interfere with your decision."

"Well...." I sat properly to face him, "I told you I wouldn't change my mind...I still want this." I told him. He reached and ran his hand across my cheek, causing me to shudder. "What about you? Do you still want me?"

He didn't reply with words, just hummed in response, and that was good enough for me.

I lifted myself off the bed and straddle his lap, he didn't stop me, although it felt weird, one minute we had this formal relationship, where we argued a lot and now we are here.

I circled my arms around his neck.

"As far as anyone is concerned you are my ward..." Is his voice threatful to the bone,

He meant no one could know about us and that scared me a little, Did he mean forever? Was this it? I had so many questions. But I wanted to be with him so badly, at the time I didn't think it through.

When I didn't respond, he broke away to look at me,

"Ali, do you understand how serious this is?"

I didn't want to push him away so I didn't tell him how exactly I felt.

"It's risky, I understand..." I told him.

"Ali, I don't want you to rush into anything you are not comfortable with.."

"I want to be with you, if that means we have to be a secret...fine. ..I wasn't going to tell anyone anyway, no one would believe me anyway, would you believe me?" I snickered nervously at the last part.

He nodded and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead,

"I'm going to take a quick shower. It's been a long flight."

"I'll wait for you," I whispered watching after him,

I laid back on the bed and quietly groaned at how joyous I felt. I had never felt safer except for when I was with him. And, now I was his. How in the hell did I get so lucky? Women dream to be noticed by him,

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the complete bliss I was in. At that exact moment, there was nothing I wanted more in my life, although it terrified me. It was a new feeling and I didn't know what to expect from it.

In a matter of minutes, he was out of the shower in his blue nightwear and then turning off the headlights, he slid into the covers and pulled me in his arms,

"Now what?" I asked, it felt unreal.

"Now we sleep." He yawned tiredly and pressed a kiss on my side.

Minutes after, he was passed out exhausted.

I grinned at his face and lurched forward to snuggle, falling asleep.

The following morning, sunlight streamed into the half-opened blinds, gently urging me to open my eyelids.

I smiled softly, letting out a quiet yawn as I stretched my limbs I relished in the soft, warm feeling of the satin sheets.

It was then that I realized I was alone.

I quickly sat up and gaped around the room, I got out of bed and went to check in the bathroom, but he wasn't there either,

I walked back to the bed and sat down, was I dreaming?

That was when I noticed the glass of orange juice on the nightstand, with a yellow drink me note stuck to the lid.

I beamed and drank quickly before sneaking back into my room to get ready for school.

Luckily, Henna didn't notice anything.

I went outside to see Will and Jason waiting for me, "Hello Alison, how was your night?" Jason gave his usual greetings as he opened the door for me to get in, fortunately for him, I was in a good mood today.

"Fantastic, how was your day?"

"Great." He looked surprised,

I chuckled and got in the back. We drove to school and minutes later I was walking into class with Dylan.