87

Flashback ANNE STELE

I forced the key into the door as I walked into our apartment, I had spent the rest of Christmas morning in a lingerie shop trying to buy some new sets of lingerie, I planned on surprising George with, we haven't had enough time to ourselves since the baby and George has been patient with me.

I set my key on the counter as I made it further into the house, "George?" I called as I climbed upstairs, "Babe?"

I heard a sound coming from the study. I let out a soft sigh and made my way toward it, a smile appearing on my face as I thought of the events I had planned for the night,

I was halfway to the room when I heard another sound.

I held to the door handle and pushed the door open, hoping I would surprise him but my steps faltered at what I saw.

Jenna had her arms around George, her lips pressed against his, kissing him,

My shoe made a little sound, having them turning heads to me, George's eyes widened as he stared back at me,

"Anne..." he mouthed in shock,

So many emotions were dashing through me.

My heart seemed to have stood still as it tried to gasp at the unbelievable sight in front of it.

How was I supposed to react seeing the very man I loved in the arms of another, a woman I thought was my friend, the same woman I welcomed into my home with open arms on Christmas?

"I can explain." He trailed.

A loud scream was heard in the room and it took a second for me to realize it was coming from me,

"how long?" I choked.

"Two years." Jenna blurted out,

I felt my heart break a thousand times,

I turned my eyes to George and he lowered his head in shame. I made my way toward him so I was able to look him in the eye, "Was she the reason for all those late nights?" I asked,

"I can explain--"

Before he could complete my palm made hard contact with his cheek, I couldn't control all the anger radiating from me, all this time I thought It was my fault with the baby and everything.

"Why?" I cried, "And, after everything we've been through, her, your best friend's sister:"

"That's enough!!" Jenna cut in, her voice dripping with annoyance. I barely noticed the two masked men standing at the end of the room.

I took my misty eyes back to George,

"Anne...." he mouthed, his eyes traveling all over my body with eminent guilt written on them, "I.." he trailed again but Jenna cut in.