96

A few months after Graduation

I turned this way and that way, trying to get the best out of my wedding dress in the mirror, It was so beautiful, and one could tell I was 6 months pregnant,

"Al, stop moving! you'll smudge your makeup." Tessa, my maid of honor warned amusingly.

"Okay..."

I stopped and allowed her to set the tiara on my head, ensuring it didn't fall off on the way.

Once she finished, she stepped back to take a look at her work,

"Oh, my God!" She let out with teary eyes, "You look so beautiful."

I grinned and felt more tears clouding up.

"Alison, I'm so happy."

"You are gonna make me cry, Tessa." I patted my under eyes afraid I might mess up my makeup.

She started crying too and pulled me into a hug.

"Alison." A voice called from behind and I broke away from Tessa to see it was, and was faced with my mom's teary eyes,

She was wearing a pretty pink dress while holding my bouquet in her left hand,

"You look so beautiful, baby girl."

I smiled at her, it took a while for me to forgive her. At first, I didn't want to, I wanted her to suffer without me like I did without her, but in the end, I figured that wrongs don't make a right and I needed to move on with my life.

"Thanks."

She moved closer dropping the bouquet on the empty couch beside me,

"Are you nervous?" She asked adjusting my veil.

"A little.." I muttered.

"Good." She smiled.

"Are you really okay with this?" I asked,

I was aware she had concerns. If my daughter was marrying a man twice her age I would worry.

"To be honest, no. I still think you are too young and this is all too fast. But I know David is a good man, he would make you happy."

I felt relief hearing those words,

"Thanks," I said and pulling her into a hug.

"Ladies." Dylan spoke up from the door interrupting our little mother-and-daughter moment, "It's time." he informed.

I nodded and gathered myself together,

Mother helped with the veil and Tessa helped with the last touches on the dress, before we finally made it out of the door.

We began making our way down the hall, Maybe it's because I was almost due soon, but my legs were heavy with each step.

As we stopped in front of the door, Mother went ahead leaving me to myself, from where I stood in front of the glass door.