79

Flashback

A week had gone by since what transpired between George and me and he was avoiding me like a hawk, he didn't call or dare to show up at the house, even to see David, I tried calling him severally but it always went to voicemail.

"Jenna?" David called from the other side of the door, "Are you okay?" he worried, I had locked myself in the room refusing to eat or drink anything for days. Nana must have informed David about it in concern, "Open the door?"

"I'm really not in the mood, David," I yelled back.

"I said open the damn door, Jenna," he growled, I could feel his temper surging already

"Just go away,"

"Jenna."He howled. I groaned and crawled out the bed to open the door, knowing he wasn't the kind to give up easily and I was definitely not in the mood for his tantrums.

I unlocked the door and jumped back on the bed, he stepped in his eyes looking around the mess in my room," what's going on here?" he asked.

I snorted, "Since when do you care."

He moved closer and sat at the edge of the bed, "What crazy deed are you up to this time?" He asked.

I scoffed in disbelief, he never ceased to amaze me with all the presumptions he had about me, even while we were kids he never believed I was capable of doing good or being decent.

So, I was really not surprised.

I grabbed a pillow and placed it over my head,

"just leave me alone." I groaned at it...

Silence

"Are you back on drugs?" He asked, causing me to jump out of bed in fury.

"Just get out, " I snarled at him, I had more than enough of his cynical assumptions about me, "I said, get out." I knew he would make me regret my reaction, but I just didn't care.

He stood up from the bed, looking unaffected, "I'm heading for a get-together at George's, I don't want to meet you like this when I get back, fix yourself." He said and turned to leave.

I instantly came to my senses at the mention,

"David," I called,

he turned to look at me.

"Can I tag along?" I asked politely, "I change of scenery might help."

He stared at me for a second, probably considering whether or not to take me, "Meet me downstairs in 5." He said and walked out the door. As soon as he left a grin appeared on my face, I was finally going to see George after so many days of sulking and crying my eyes out.