SEVENTEEN

I'm so bad >;)
You'll see later on in the chapter. ;)
*sips tea*

~Aphrodite~

Why did you lie!? Aphrodite! He could've killed him!

Eris! Shut up! I'm trying to make this plan work! And anyway, don't you want us to kill that back stabbing bîtch!?

That made her stay quiet, so I pushed her back and blocked her out of my mind and that's when Valdus broke the clipboard. It fell from his hands while I stared at him. His lips twitch while his fingers do so too. "What?"

I raised my eyebrow and then pointed to the paper that crumple and teared slightly with the broken board. He growled slightly but he closed his eyes and took in five breaths, nice and slow. "Why would you think I'm going to reject my own, and my only mate?" He said slow and calm. He slowly open his eyes and his hazel eyes stared at my grey ones.

I took off the covers and ripped out the cords in my hands, even though I shudder from the feeling of the needles moving against my skin, and then walked over to the paper on the floor. I didn't noticed that I was now in some loosely fitted shorts and a big t-shirt, but not the case. I bent down and picked up the paper and the pen and wrote,

Because I don't want you.

I pushed the paper on his chest and his hand wrapped around my wrist. I tried to pull my wrist away but he moved my hand off his chest, which made the paper and fall and he pulled me close to himself. "Don't ever tell me to reject you, because I would always say no." I showed him my fangs but he stared at me with a blank face.

He held my shoulders and this is easy way to get out of. So, I pushed myself closer to himself and he thought I was going to wrap my arms around him because he was about to hug me, but I went low. I dropped to my knees and his arms hugged himself. I then rolled backwards and then stood up. I narrowed his eyes while he stared at me with amusement, "I forgot, 'second strongest' she must know a way out of holds." He taunt.

I narrowed my eyes at him and pointed at the paper. He raised an eyebrow again and I was getting annoyed with him already. He bent down and read what I wrote. "Oh, that has to change if you want things to work." He smiled.

My eyes grew wide slightly while I shook my head slightly, like saying 'what? No.'  He shrugged and then tossed the paper on the ground and took a step towards me, while he crushed the pen with his foot. I'm surprised he didn't hissed, because he's barefoot.  "I just told you that I wasn't going to reject you, so what makes you think I'll accept the reject? Haven't you dreamed about your mate? Haven't you dreamed of finding your mate and loving him? Haven't you?" He said while I barely noticed that he took steps towards me when he was talking. He was three feet away so I started to move back slightly.

I shook my head, and slowly I felt my claws come out because my body started to send alarms telling me, he looks like a threat. And he sees them. It's not like I was hiding it. It's a wolf instinct to protect itself, so if I feel threatened, protect myself.

And I should've known with Brycin. But he's going to suffer so much, suffer with so much pain he put me in. I can't believe I trusted him as my best friend.

"Well I did. I thought she would be pretty, but I didn't think she'll be this sexy." He said while his voice was husky and my heart picked up. I really wish I can growl at least. I don't care if I can't speak, at least let me growl.