TWENTY-SIX

*sips tea*

~Aphrodite~

~three weeks later~

"I need to go back to my old pack. I need to do something." I said as I pushed him away and tried to go out the door. But he grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him. "Valdus." I said as I smiled when he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Why?" He said low as his breath fanned my neck.

"Because I need to do something." I growled, but playfully. I pulled off one of his arm but he he held me tighter with his other hand still around me. "Valdus." I growled again because I was getting frustrated and hot.

"You're not going. Not without me." He said in my ear.

"Trust me, you don't want to come with me." I said as I thought of what I am going to do.

Fûckin be smart for once. Byrcin will kill you if we go by ourself. Take ou-

I want to be the one to kill him Eris-

I know, but if we step a foot in the land, our old warriors will capture us.

I rolled my eyes and I was about to reply back to her but then that's when Valdus spoke. "Why'd you roll your eyes? You don't want to go to the river? Okay, we won't go. You've could've just say th-" he was in front of me already and I quickly shook my head.

"I didn't even hear you say any of that. What did you ask again?" I said as I smiled. He looked down at me and pulled me close to himself. Our chest pressed against each other and he smiled down at me. "Nothing. You want to eat?" He said as his hand cupped my cheek.

"Yes. I'm starving." He gave a chuckle and then pecked my lips. His hand interlocked with mine and we walked down stairs.

I made my way towards the counter top and jumped on it, and sat down. He walked towards the fridge and started to take out things to make. "What do you want exactly?"

"Surprise me." I said as I kicked my legs back and forth. He looked over his shoulder from the fridge and gave me a smirk, "well I'll like to eat something but I'm afraid it will make you scream." He said as his eyes grew slightly darker.

My heart dropped slightly and my cheeks felt hot. "No."

He laughed, "I'm just saying what I want, so. Do you know what you want, yes or no?"

"I told you, sur-"

"Make mash potatoes and deer meat." I looked over to the stair case and smiled. He smiled back at me and walked towards the kitchen, and walked towards me, giving me a hug. I hugged him back and then he pulled away and walked towards his son.

Valdus looked at me, "you're fine with that?" I nodded my head, "yeah. It's fine."

"Okay." He took out the potatoes and then washed them, then placed them in a pot, filling it with water. Alcander open the freezer and then pulled out meat that was in a bowl. "Do you need help?" I asked as I was about to get off the counter.