Prologue

"Dammit, jam! Cover, cover cover!"

"York, are you okay?"

"York has sustained two wounds to his upper-left chest. Recommend evac stat."

"How bad is it D?"

"York will not survive."

***

Delta tried to access his agent's vitals but with the armor shut down, there's nothing he can do.

He already made an exact copy of himself so that if a Recovery agent comes around, his copy will go with him and he can stay with York.

He can't tell how much longer York will be able to survive. Then again, the probability of survival is very slim.

***

Ten long minutes later, York's armor comes online and Delta quickly checks his vitals: Alive but losing blood. He quickly activated the healing unit then investigated who turned on the armor.

He appears in the real world and and ask, "Who's there?"

He turns to his left and sees a woman.. more of a doctor kneeling beside York.

"Oh hello." Delta greeted. "I am Delta. May I know your name?"

She looked at him then back at York. She waves over some people and together, they got York onto a stretcher. They replaced his body with a realistic one and transfered Delta's copy into it.

Delta didn't really understand what was happening, but he was able to classified that these people do not work for Project Freelancer.

The people started to patch up the wound on York's left side and eventually closing the wound. Delta kept the Healing Unit running as much as he could to help aid them in the process.

They transferred him to a Pelican and started flying to an unknown place. Delta had so many questions about who these people are and why they chose to save his assigned Agent. So he decided to speak up. "Thank you for helping us. But may I ask why you did this?"

The doctor looked at the green A.I. and then at York. She sighed. "A mother doesn't stand and watch their child die."

Andddd WELCOME BACK TO BOOK 4!! I'm really surprised how far I've gotten with this story.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy the book!!