Chapter 16

Wash opens the door of Dr. Grey's lab for me and allows me go in first before entering himself (such a gentleman, right?). Opera music is blasting through the halls of the building to no one's surprise. She really loves her Opera.

"Dr. Grey!" I yell over the music.

"Examination room sweetie!" Came the doctor's reply on the intercoms. "And take off your helmets!! You're not on a battlefield!!"

Wash and I share a glance and took off our helmets. A strand of brown hair falls in front of my face, much to my annoyance because I didn't tie my ponytail tight enough.

"Can you hold this?" I hold out my helmet to Wash. He tucks his under his arm and take my helmet from my hand. I undo my ponytail, putting the tie on my wrist, and combed my hair with my hands to make it more loose. I look up for a split second and catch Wash staring at me. I stop messing with my hair and return the stare. "What?"

"Nothing its just.. I've never seen you with your hair down."

I resume fixing my hair, pulling it back into my normal low ponytail. "I'm guessing this is the part where you tell me to keep it down?"

"Possibly."

I let go of my hair, the same strand falling on my face again, and give him an annoyed look. "Fine. Only for you."

He lifts his hand to brush the stray hair behind my ear and cup my face. "I love it when you do that."

"Do what?"

He presses his lips against mine for a soft kiss then pulls back and touches his forehead with mine. "Do things only for me." He replies.

I giggled as Dr. Grey's voice sounded in the intercoms. "It should not take you this long to take off your helmets!!" 

"You know we have to go now." I say.

He pulls back and sighs. "It's like we never get a moment together alone."

"I think you said that already."

"Well I'm saying it again."

We followed the signs to the Examination room where we see Dr. Grey doing an autopsy on a brain.

"What can I do for you?" She asks cheerfully, setting down her tools.

"I was wondering if you could do another test on my brain." Wash says. "Carolina said that I had brain damage but I'm starting to remember things that I used to not know."

"Agent Washington, you must be hallucinating. No one that has brain damage just ends up remembering things out of the blue."

"But can you check anyways?" I ask.

"Certainly. I can do the test now." She takes off her blood-stained gloves and throws it in the waste bin. "Wash, head over to room B-184 and leave your helmet with her. I'll be there in a moment."

Wash hands me his helmet and gives me a two finger salute before heading out of the examination room.

"Unfortunately Alaska, I'm going to have to make you wait in the observation room." The doctor continues, as she rolls the body into one of those dead body holder things in the wall and closes the door.

"Actually, do you have any tools that deal with micro things? I need it to repair something." You can clearly see that I don't know medical terms. And I have no plan on learning any.

"You mean tools to repair an A.I. Of course I do."

I blink in surprise. "How did you know that I was going to repair an A.I.?"