Chapter 10

Journal Entry 311

I should really use my journal more. Writing is just a good way to express.. everything pretty much.

The new Spartan, Dylan, has proven to be a good soldier and can be trusted in just two day. And he wasn't lying when he said he was related to Master Chief. Heck, he's like a copy of him (skills, battle strategies, etc). It's insane how the UNSC is able to train these type of soldiers.

I low-key wished I was asked to joined the Spartan program. But then again..

I hate needles.

I haven't heard from Carlina or Wash in a while and it's kind of bothering me.

Scratch that, it's bothering York a whole lot more.

Anyway, usually Carolina keeps in contact with me but I've gotten no calls. So York suggested/asked me to go check up on them. So I'm on my way to Jax's filming studio.. place.. set.. thing..

You know I really don't know what to call it.

I toss my journal into my bookbag and threw the bag into the little cargo hold of my ship and close it. I don't think I'm mentally prepared going to an exact replica of the Blues' and Reds' base. But I'm doing this for that sake of my brother's sanity..

"You sure you haven't gotten a comm from Carolina?"

And possibly mine if he doesn't shut up about Carolina already.

"For the billionth time James, I didn't." I sighed as I checked over the Lone Wolf. "I still don't understand why you want me to check on them. I'm sure they're fine."

"I still think you should check on them."

I roll my eyes. The things I do for family..

"Look sis, I wouldn't ask you to do this if I didn't think you were capable of doing it." He reasons. "If there's anything that does scare you or make you uncomfortable, just come back."

I give him a small smile. "Ok."

I climb into the cockpit and the windshield closed above me. York walks away to a safe distance and watched as I take off to space

***

Beta and I made it to Jax's studio and let me tell ya: this place is creepy but insane. I have no idea how Jax managed to remember every detail of the horrible base but I will admit the design team did a good job.

I wandered around the set looking at actors, set designs, and props. It was all so dangerous accurate and I already knew that I was gonna have nightmares when I sleep.

"Um excuse me ma'am. Are you lost?"

"Huh?" I turn around to see a Crew member. "Oh uh, I'm looking for Jax and the Freelancers."

He gives me a questioning look. "Are you Agent Alaska?"

"Um.. yes."

He stress me for a few seconds before acknowledging. "Follow me. I will take you to his office. I actually have to inform him that the next scene is ready to be shot."

"Thank you." I say respectfully and follow him to Jax's office door only a few meters away. The Crew member opens the door and says "Pardon- ah, dear Director? We're all set up and waiting for you."

"Cancel the shoot! This is way too important." I hear Jax yell.

"Understood! We shall shoot the maiming scene another day, I guess."