Chapter 7

"So you're telling me that these troopers along with you, Carolina, and Wash, managed to DEFEAT hundreds of Agent Tex Robots?" York asks in amazement.

So York and I decided to take a walk through the city at night as an excuse to catch up with each other and to show him one of my favorite spots to stargaze.

I smiled as I answered. "Yes we did. Felt really weird at first because I was literally fighting my best friend a hundred times."

"I can bet." He laughed before his voice became serious. "You did find the Director right?"

"Carolina did. I did have the choice to go, but I felt like all of my feelings against him would cloud my judgement. Probably would have killed him, no questions asked."

"So is he in custody or did Carolina kill him?"

"Neither. Carolina told me that he asked her to leave her Magnum with him." I explain. "I can only assume what happened next."

"That.. must of been tough for her." York comments.

"Alaska. You copy?"

"Speaking of Carolina," I turned on my comms and replied. "I copy Carolina. What's up?"

"Got a mission you might want to know about." She tells me.

"Is it about the Reds and Blues?" I guessed.

"Who else would it be?"

"Roger that. I'll bring York as well." York gives me a questioning look.

"Meet in front of the main hotel. And if you find Wash, bring him too."

She ends the comm without giving me time to respond. Typical.

"Carolina's got a mission involving the Reds and Blues." I explain to York.

"Well I don't know if I'll be able to go due to the Covenant situation, but I'm interested in hearing about it."

"Then let's get moving."

***

York and I arrived at the hotel while Carolina and Wash were talking. They don't notice us so we just sit back and watch the scene unfold.

"So, I had some news about our multicolored friends..." Carolina starts.

"They're in trouble and need our help." Wash quickly concluded. "Thank god, I was starting to get bored. When do we lift off?"

"I was going to hop on the next transport out." Carolina explained. "Dr. Grey said she'd keep you company while I'm gone. It should only be a few days."

"Hey, if the gang's in trouble, I'm coming."

"You're on the mend, Wash."

"They sound like a couple." York whispers to me.

"I swear if they are a couple, I am leaving this planet and heading for Sanghelios." I whisper back making him laugh quietly. "I'll come with you." He replies.