Chapter 4

I toss the knife up in the air, catch it by it's blade and threw it at the target on the other end of the room. It hit the bullseye. Just like the last 25 times.

I've been working on my Knife Combat forthe last 3 hours. It's harder training by yourself without anyone to really guide you and make sure that you're doing the right thing. Beta is a big help but her help can only go so far.

I slowly walk over to the target and pulled out the knife. I gave the knife a quick check over to make sure nothing was damaged.

"I'm surprised that the knife held up for the many times you threw it at that target." Beta smirks.

I sighed and made my way over to the cleaning station. I took off my helmet and started cleaning the knife. Beta appears in the real world, standing on the table. "Are you not happy with the training today? You had a 11.7% increase in Knife Combat."

"It wasn't the same."

"Pardon?"

I wipe the blade with a clean cloth, running my thumb along the yellow stripe. "Usually, I would always train with Wash with I did Knife Combat training. Training without him, feels so-"

I had a strange feeling that I was being watched so I looked behind my shoulder. I looked at the door and around the room but I saw no one.

"-weird."

I look back to find Beta flickering red and black uncontrollably. "Beta, what's wrong?" I demanded.

"Some.. one.. in.. syst-"

Beta then disappears, more like shatters, from my sight. I turned around and got into a fighting stance with the knife's blade facing downward.

"Beta, you still here?" I tested.

No answer.

"Well.. looks like I'll have to do this the old fashioned way." I muttered to myself.

"Actually, there is no need for violence in this matter. We just want to talk."

I quickly turn to the right only to be met by a familiar green A.I. fragment.

"Delta?!"

"Hello Agent Alaska. It's good to see you again." He greeted.

"But you- Wash destroyed-" I stammered.

"Agent Washington only destroyed a copy of myself." He explained. "I am still Delta."

Beta managed comes back online and yells at Delta, "Was that really necessary to attack my programing like that?! I'm already in bad shape so please don't make it worse."

"My apologies Beta, it wasn't my idea to attack your programing."

I look at Delta. "Who's idea was it then?" I ask seriously.

"Seriously D? You're throwing me under the bus."

"Huh?" I loosen my stance and grip a bit at the sound of the voice.

Because that was the voice of my sarcastic brother.

But that was a mistake because York comes up from behind me and grabs my knife. His helmet was off so I can see the mischief look on his face. He still had his Freelancer armor too which is surprising after what Wash told me about blowing it up.

"Hey! Give it back York!" I tried grabbing it back but he held it out of reach.

I am NOT going to lose that knife because if I do, Wash will be pretty mad at me.

"What? No 'Hi Big Bro?' or 'I missed you?'"

"Ok fine. Hi Big Bro. I missed you. Now can I have my knife back?"