Epilogue

"Alright everyone, gather around." Kimball says, standing by a lit Christmas tree with a drink in hand.

Wash playfully pulls me to his side and wraps an arm around me. "You've been very clingy lately." I tell him as I give him a peck on the lips.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says innocently but his grin says otherwise.

"Don't think I haven't notice mister. I'm on to you." I warned and he just chuckles.

It was Christmas Eve if you can't already tell. Kimball invited the Crew, Freelancers, the Lieutenants, Doctor Grey, and even Dylan over for a Christmas dinner/party. I sneek a glance at the Spartan standing by Sarge. He's fit in the family pretty well, even though I'm pretty sure he's confused with half of the things the Reds and Blues talk about.

"I want to personally thank you all for coming." Kimball starts. "Not just for the party, but for being here on Chorus."

"Without you," She looks at the Reds, Blues, and Freelancers. "We would have been still in a civil war with each other while Felix and Locus bathe in money. We wouldn't have set aside our differences and gain our planet back."

"Even after you decided to take a break, you all came back. You came back, believing that you would save a friend-"

Caboose's head drops slightly and Tucker puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"But instead, you saved Earth and Chorus.. again. You lifted the UNSC baricade surrounded the planet. And for that, I thank you and Chorus is forever in your debt. But-"

She takes a deep breath. "Chorus is going to be invaded by the Covenant soon. We don't know when or how they will attack. We may have numbers but we still need leaders. So I ask: Will you fight with us one more time?" She looks at Dylan and York. "Will all of you fight with us to defend our home?"

Everyone shifts uneasily in the room. Fighting the Covenant is what I, and everyone else, was supposed to be fighting in the first place. Not another team of humans or the UNSC themselves. I take a deep breath and broke the silence.

"The reason why I joined was based on making sure the Covenant is fully defeated so that my family could come home." I catch York shift in the corner of my eye but I continued, concentrating my attention to Kimball. "This may not be my real home but it's definitely a second home. So you can be sure that I'll be on the front lines to defend it."

"There's no way I'm letting you go on the front lines." My brother says sternly before a smile creeps onto his face. "Not without me at least."

"Or me." Wash adds.

"You can count Red Team in too." Sarge says, volunteering his whole team without their consent. "There's nothing like the art of war.. and shooting your enemies in the face!!"

"Yeah!" Simmons cheers.

"I guess I'm in." Grif sighs.

"This is going to be great!" Donut exclaimed.

"Oh, oh, me too!!" Caboose says.

"Can't say no." Tucker adds.

"What do you need us to do?" Carolina asks calmly. I noticed that she's standing a little distant from me, York, and Wash. Probably because she thinks that I'm still mad at her for trying to make things right. I'm not mad anymore. I knew why she did what she did, she just wants everyone to be safe.

"Training soldiers, running the Armory, patrols, battle strats. The list can go on." The President replies tiredly.

"Ok I'm sure we can figure it all out once the holiday is over." Grif says. "Right now, let's just get the party started!"