Part 4

I stood there stunned for a moment attempting to compose myself.

"Mr Clermont" I extended my arm trying to be as formal as possible, the last thing I needed was for Petra to know who my father in law was.

"Please April no formality's, April here is my soon to be daughter in law" Alex said turning to Petra. There goes that plan jackass.

Petra looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"April, you never said..." Petra began but I interjected.

"I wanted to keep my personal life and business life separate I'm sure you can understand"

I'm certain Alex was pleasantly pleased with himself right now after creating a bit of commotion.

"Yes, well Mr Clermont was just saying he is after a few pieces for his office and for his private collection at home."

"I'm sure we have somethings down in the archives that might suit your tastes" I clenched my teeth.

"Sounds like a perfect idea" his smile was sly and I didn't even want to begin to think about what was ticking in that head.

"Right this way" I lead Alex out down the hall back to my office.

I closed the door and shut the blinds.

"What the fuck do you think you are playing at?" I glared at him

"I have no idea what you mean April?" Alex reclined in the chair.

"Oh, cut the bullshit Alex" I sat down behind my desk.

"It never crossed your mind April that I am here purely for business and to look at some art?"

Actually no that never crossed my mind, blackmail me and tell my fiancée and possibly destroy my career and everything I hold dearly, that crossed my mind! You wanting to do business, never.

"Yes, I suppose" I replied.

I searched the computer to see what we had.

"Does Elizabeth mind that you are picking out pieces without her?"

"Elizabeth is currently in Paris for some fashion thing to do with our daughter"

"I see, well we have some pieces by Del Kathryn Barton, Joy Hester and some Albert Tucker, all homegrown artist I remember how important that is to you"

"Yes of course" He nodded in agreeance.

I grabbed my keys from the draw "Shall we?"

"Lead the way" Alex adjusted his suit and followed me out of my office.

"We'll need to take the elevator as the archives are in the basement" I signalled to where the elevator was and just told Helena where we were going.

Alex was holding the doors open for me and we descended to the basement.

"How on earth do you ever get work done around here looking like that?" Alex remarked looking at my ass.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, such a pig head.

I used my code and we entered the room.

"The collections I had in mind are in the fair left" I picked up a clipboard looking over our inventory.

I showed Alex the paintings from each artist and he looked them over thoroughly.

"I think Tucker would do well in your office and even some of Hester's work"