Part 10

I feel asleep in a tangled dream of Odette's words "a place with other kittens and their masters" my mind raced with intoxicating thoughts of a fantastical place. The phone buzzed ending dreamland and I awoke dazed, I could still feel her touch tracing over my body, the way her lips felt like velvet against me. I rolled over hoping to steal one more moment before the day would start, but the bed was cold where she had laid. My heart sunk. There were no messages from her, but several from Oscar saying he had gone home with some work friends and went straight to the office and would see me later tonight. I desperately wanted to call Odette just to hear her, but I didn't have her number. I gathered all my stuff together, checked out of the hotel and grabbed a taxi back to my apartment. The day dragged on and I became a sad puppy checking my phone every 20 minutes in the hopes Odette would of got my number from Oscar and contacted me. I grabbed a coffee from the kitchen and lit a cigarette on the balcony when the door knocked. I stubbed it out and raced over, I flung the door open and it was Elizabeth.

"Oh Elizabeth, what brings you here?" I looked around, but she was alone.

"We need to talk" She pushed past me and walked straight inside.

"Do come in" I said sarcastically and shut the door.

"Can I help you with something?" Elizabeth seemed flustered and had a stern look on her face.

"Does Oscar know you smoke?" was all she said.

"I uh, don't know what you're talking about" I said cooly refilling my coffee.

"I could smell it on you April, but that's not why I'm here" Elizabeth looked around and headed out to my balcony where she lit up a cigarette, I stood there dumbfounded and then relit my stubbed out smoke.

Elizabeth inhaled deeply "How much will it cost for you to leave this family?"

I coughed on my drag at her question.

"I'm sorry?" my heart was racing, she fucking knows about Odette, or worse Alex! Play cool, innocent till proven guilty, right? Don't look guilty, oh god I'm sweating.

"Really April? Have you looked at our family? You don't belong, you come from a questionable back ground, you don't fit the life that Oscar should have" She looked at me sideways.

My stomach was still lodged in my throat "You think I'm not a good match from Oscar because I wasn't born into money or privilege?"

"Take the money April, buy a nice house" She turned her nose up at my apartment as she looked back inside "The others took the money"

"You paid out his other girlfriends?"

"They weren't right for him and neither are you, I would have paid you sooner but he kept us in the dark about you for so long"

"No wonder why when his others get paid to leave!"

"Oscar doesn't know, they make up some lie and always take the money"

"I think you need to leave Elizabeth"

"April stop acting childish, Oscar has very big shoes to fill, he needs a wife who will understand what that means, I've had someone in mind for a while and then you come along"

I stalked over to my door and opened it "I mean it you need to fucking leave"

Elizabeth stubbed out her smoke and picked up her bag, she stopped in the doorway pausing for a moment.

"Oh, and April"

I glared at her, all I wanted to do was slam the door on her.

"What Elizabeth"

"Stop sleeping with my husband" she gave me a smirk before leaving down the hall way.

Oh god.