XVI

ACT IV | SCENE XVI

PARTY PLANS

HAND MASSAGING HER sore foot, jangmi sighed deeply. she had just released her class for the day. she rotated her foot, taking her time to work the pain out of it. after all, jimin had offered to pick rosalie up from school.

groaning, she moved her head around in an effort to work out the kinks in her neck. when she opened her eyes, she saw hoseok standing at the door, smiling at her. "hey, ballerina." he chirped, approaching her. "hey," she beamed as he sat next to her. "what are you doing here?" she asked. carefully, hoseok put his hands to her nape, the pads of his thumbs massaging the skin. "my mum showed up yesterday." he answered.

"and?" she hummed out. "you know how she gets. she walked in on me while i was getting dressed this morning. and when i told her she was invading my privacy, she told me i came out of her privacy. i ran the fuck out of the house. i'm not ready to go back just yet."

jangmi snorted out a laugh. "she really said that?" she looked at him from the corner of her eye to see the pained expression on his face. "yes." he shuddered. "i'm going to use that one on rosalie when she's grown." she chortled. "please don't. she doesn't deserve such scarring."

jangmi was still laughing as hoseok let go of her. "it's not funny, mimi." he frowned, folding his arms over his chest. "actually, it is." she cackled. "i hate you." he pouted, straightening his back. "no, you don't." she wrapped her arms around him.

"want to have dinner with me?" she asked when his moue remained. "of course. anything to delay going back home." he nodded. "she's your mother, hobi." she lightly slapped his arm. "stop avoiding her because she loves you." hoseok rolled his eyes at her. "i know that. and i also know that when i get home, she would have made dinner so i'll have to save some space in my stomach for her delicious cooking."

she beamed at that. even when hoseok complained about his mum being a nag and not realising he was old enough to take care of himself, she knew he wouldn't have it any other way. "speaking of, aren't you going to pick rosie up from school today?" he asked after a moment.

"her dad's picking her up today." she sighed, getting on her feet. "you two sorted everything out right?" he followed her actions, taking her bag from her as they walked toward the door. "well, not everything but yeah." she bobbed her head in a nod.

"he apologised for the way his mother treated me. and we're trying to figure out a way to get his father off the idea of marriage." she expatiated. "look at that, you two are actually working together." hoseok chimed, draping his arm around jangmi's shoulder.

"so we don't get married and get stuck with each other for life." she completed. he chuckled at that. "does he know that rosalie's birthday is this weekend?" he asked, glancing down at her. "mhm," she hummed with a nod. "what are our party plans?"

she sighed, shaking her head. "i don't even know." she admitted, causing a gasp to leave his lips. "our baby girl's birthday is in days and we don't have anything planned? wow jangmi." he tsked. "hey, don't blame me. i've been really distracted lately."

his lips pulled up over his teeth. "ah, yeah. don't worry, uncle hobi has this under control." he chimed, rubbing his hand up her arm. "i'm trusting you then." she grinned.

• • •

the doorbell rang just as jangmi finished cooking. she looked up and then at hoseok who was already looking at her. "i'll get it." he jumped on his feet. "i'll serve dinner." she nodded at him.

"hey, rolly polly!" she heard hoseok's chirpy voice and a slight grunt followed by cute giggles. she smiled, figuring jimin had returned with rosalie.

seconds later, the three appeared in her kitchen. "mummy!" rosalie chirped, bouncing in hoseok's arms. "hey, sweetie!" jangmi blew her a kiss. "hello, jangmi." jimin said. she glanced at him as he stood in her kitchen, hands in his pocket.

"hi." she answered. "are you staying for dinner?" hoseok asked after a moment. "is that okay?" he fixed her with a questioning stare. "papa, eat with us!" rosalie clapped her hands. "yeah, sure." jangmi shrugged nonchalantly.

"let's go get you changed." hoseok smiled at the cheering girl in his arms. nodding, he left the two by themselves in the kitchen. "let me help." jimin offered, taking the dishes from her. "thanks." she mumbled as he helped her set up the table.

"so about rosalie's birthday..." he ventured as she placed a bowl of beef at the centre of the dining table. she looked up at him expectantly, not saying a thing. "do you have anything planned?" he asked. "hoseok's taking care of everything." she answered quietly.

"oh," he wrapped his hands around the back of the chair he stood behind. "something wrong?" she noted his reaction. "it's just bora was hoping she could plan something." he swept his hair back with his fingers. "oh, she was?" she glanced toward the bedrooms where hoseok and rosalie could be heard.

she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth in thought. bora was actually her favourite park as of now and she didn't want to disappoint the woman who seemed to adore rosalie a whole lot. "um...maybe they could plan it together." she suggested, keeping her voice offhanded.

jimin stared at her, surprised at her willingness to compromise. after the dinner, he wasn't sure she'd want anything to do with any member of his family. "really?" his brows lifted higher on his face. "yeah, why not? if hoseok's okay with it and he'll probably be."

"thanks." he smiled slightly. hoseok reappeared then with rosalie. "oh, good, you both still have your heads on." he chimed as he placed the girl in her chair. jangmi shot him a look but smiled. "you act like i'm some type of wild animal."

"you can get pretty aggressive when threatened. let's not forget that poor french guy that made the mistake of thinking he could feel you up. i hope he can have kids." hoseok quipped. "that was not my fault!" her cheeks tinged pink and he laughed.

jimin glanced between the two, realising just how much more hoseok had been a part of his daughter and her mother's lives than he had. "let's eat." he heard jangmi huff before she began to dish out the food. he was just happy to be in rosalie's life now. that was what mattered most.

☀☀☀

ya know what i love? jimin being goofy and carefree with jungkook in tokyo