XXVII

ACT VI | SCENE XXVII

OLD LOVE

BRIGITTE'S ARMS WERE folded over her chest, brows raised with an incredulous look written all over her face. "you never told him?" she stared at her friend. "no. i mean, what's the point of talking about the complications i experienced during my pregnancy? it's all passed now." jangmi shrugged.

brigitte's expression became even more incredulous. "jangmi, you almost died twice. twice in the space of nine months!" she held up two fingers. "don't you think he should know these things? so he could at least understand and respect you more. maybe even appreciate you."

"i don't need him to appreciate me. and the first time wasn't even fatal per se. i just thought i was going to die." jangmi muttered. "my god, you are so stubborn." brigitte shook her head. "i know you two don't talk but how can he not even know the job that you do? that's really bad, jangmi." brigitte leaned forward on the couch. "well, he's not here to know about me. he's here for his daughter."

jangmi was telling the truth. she knew that if she had never had rosalie or if jimin had never found out about rosalie, he would never have come looking for her. she wasn't complaining either. her life had been easier those past four years when she hadn't seen him.

"why can't it both?" brigitte's voice went high. "because we stopped loving each other a long time ago." jangmi answered. "who said this is about that? i'm not asking you to rekindle old love here, am i? what happened to being friends, hmm?" blanche curled herself around brigitte as she spoke. she picked the kitten up. "is your relationship that irreparable that you can't even try to be friends?"

jangmi felt a cold smile pull her lips. she never actually told anyone exactly what jimin had done in the period that led to their breakup. or even the things he'd said when they did. she always just brushed over the details and made it seem milder. maybe it hadn't been so bad. maybe it had felt crueller to her young loved up heart. but that didn't change the fact of how it had made her feel. how it made her feel to think about it now.

she threw her head back, staring up at the ceiling. "whenever i see him, i remember all those horrible things he said to me." she breathed. "and it hurts like i'm hearing for the first time." she admitted. "see, this is one of the many things you should talk to him about so you can sort things out." brigitte pointed out.

"i'm not going to talk about that with him. it's just going to sound like i have lingering feelings or something." jangmi made a face. "okay, then talk about other things. try to be in each other's lives a little bit. even the girl napping in there can feel the stiffness between the two of you." brigitte jerked her head in the direction of the bedrooms, running one hand over blanche's back.

jangmi's eyes moved towards the archway. rosalie was the only thing that came from her past relationship with jimin that she still loved. she wanted her source of joy to be happy. and not worry that her parents hated each other.

"ah, okay. i'll tell him about the whole pregnancy complication. and try not to pick a fight with him." jangmi conceded. brigitte had always been good at that; getting jangmi to listen to her without trying too hard.

"and don't do that thing you tend to do when you're mad at someone." brigitte added. "what thing?" jangmi scrunched her brows together. "you know, those little snide comments." she replied. jangmi's lips formed a pout. "fine."

brigitte looked at her and shook her head. "you're impossible." she remarked. "but i literally just agreed to listen to you. why am i impossible?" jangmi scrunched up her nose, making her friend laugh. after a moment, she spoke again. "i was tired of frowning every time i saw him anyways. it was starting to give me wrinkles." she rubbed the spot between her eyebrows softly. brigitte laughed again. "what will i do with you?"

jangmi's lips curled up with a playful glint in her eyes. "nothing."

☀☀☀

*in dj khaled's voice* another one! okay bye