LI

ACT XI | SCENE LI

SWEATER WEATHER

[five years earlier]
july 2012

THE SWING CREAKED as jangmi sat on it and slowly began to push herself forward. squinting her eyes, she glanced up at the steadily darkening skies. she hadn't seen anything about it raining today. but she actually hadn't checked the forecast before she left. she tended to forget to do that. she knew he wouldn't though. jimin seemed to always be prepared for every weather. he really hated being taken by surprise.

she pushed herself faster, the swing moving higher every time. it felt like the sky got dark with every axial movement the swing made. her long brown hair bounced with the fast paced arcing. he would be here soon. she was early anyways, as usual. she slowed as the sun disappeared and the sky turned a dark gray shade, stopping completely when it began to drizzle. her gaze moved down to her white cotton shirt that already had droplets of water wetting the fabric. she really hadn't chosen right today.

but then she no longer felt the summer rain hitting her skin and hair. glancing up, she saw a blue umbrella over her head. twisting around, she was met with jimin's smiling face. he clicked his tongue at her, walking around to stop in front of her. "i just knew you'd be the only one in the whole of seoul who had no clue it was going to rain today." he remarked. he was wearing a dark green raincoat that hid his vibrant red hair underneath the hood.

"first of all, i'm not the only one who didn't know." she gestured to a couple who were running into a convenience store across the street for shelter. "secondly," she pushed the hood of his raincoat back slightly. "when did this happen?" her fingers threaded into his hair underneath the hood. "last night. taehyung nearly burned all my hair off." he grinned, enjoying the feel of her fingers in his hair. she chuckled at his remark. "would've served you right." her eyes darted from his hair to his face. "it's my favourite colour." she said softly. "a mere coincidence." he replied. "mhm," she hummed, nose scrunching in disbelief.

smiling in response, he leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to her lips, making her smile. "let's get out of this rain." he helped her up. "here." he reached into the large pocket of the coat and pulled out a sweater. she laughed, taking it from him and pulling it on as he held the umbrella over her head. it was loose on her small frame and smelt like him. "thanks, jiminie." she looped her arm through his. he gave her a small smile, the dimple on his smile line making an appearance.

"should we go buy chicken from your favourite place and watch a movie at mine?" she asked, leaning into him. grinning, he nodded his head. "i'd like that."

• • •

"you know what i like better than this sappy movie?" jimin whispered in jangmi's ear, breath tickling the skin underneath. they were snuggled on her small couch, wool blanket covering their bodies as they tried to watch the drama playing on the small tv. "what?" she whispered back, tone playful. "this sweater weather." he grinned. "because it gives me an excuse to be as close to you as humanly possible." he pressed his lips to the side of her neck.

"i thought we were just going to watch a movie." she mused even as a knowing smile pulled her lips up. "plans change." he replied, placing another kiss on her jaw. "you always smell so good." he mumbled, burying his nose in the crook of her neck. "like strawberries and cream." his warm breath fanned her neck and she sighed. "it's my body's magic." she giggled, turning to kiss his forehead. his nose trailed along the side of her face, kissing the side of her mouth.

he pulled her onto his lap with care, fingers running over her thighs. he pressed his lips to hers softly, moving slowly and sensually. she kissed him with equal fervour. her hands weaved into his hair as he pulled her closer, fingers slipping underneath her shirt, drumming softly over the warm skin of her belly. she moaned into his mouth when he deepened the kiss. hands running up her back, he unclasped her bra. she moved over him so that she was straddling him on the couch. the beating of their hearts and mingled breaths filled the room. he slipped her shirt over her head and placed kisses on her collarbone. her hands moved over his hard yet warm chest.

getting on his feet, jimin carried her to the bedroom, lips still on hers, her legs wrapped around his waist tightly. he nudged the door open with his shoulder and a hiccup escaped his mouth. jangmi leaned back, fixing him with a look and giggling. "what was that?" she asked. "i guess this sweater weather gets me really excited." he chimed. "you're cute." she remarked, brushing his mussed up hair back. "hmm?" he kissed her hard, backing into the small bedroom.

laying her on the bed, he turned off the lights. the room was filled with the sound of soft giggles and heavy breathing.

☀☀☀

y'all can guess what happened next. i am no smut writer so oop. anyways, act xi is going to be flashbacks to explain what happened between jimin and jangmi which is long overdue. plus, it was so fun reading how everyone was trying to figure out if the girl in the teaser was jangmi or if it was a memory or not. well now you know haha. hasta la vista babies!