XL

ACT VIII | SCENE XL

NOONA

BORA STARED UP at the ceiling of her bedroom, her brother laying beside her doing the same, the intricate designs above pulling their attention for a moment. it was past midnight but they were up talking. neither of them spoke for a long while as bora processed his words.

"sounds to me like you're jealous." she finally offered, eyes still staring up. jimin's head whipped towards her, eyes wide and shocked. "what? no!" he refuted. "well, that's what it seems like to me." she replied unaffectedly. "to be jealous, you have to have feelings for someone." he was looking up again. "then maybe you have feelings for her." she shrugged. he scoffed in reply. "that's not even possible."

"anything is possible, little bro." she glanced at him from the corner of her eye, caught the way his brows knitted together and his lips pressed in a line. she knew he was thinking, considering her words. but then he shook his head. "i think i'm just bothered because of rosalie. is she wondering why someone else is living with her mum instead of her dad?"

"tch," bora clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth, eyes shutting momentarily. "that's a load of bull. why don't you stop hiding behind your daughter, jimin?" she placed her palm under her head, eyes still on the ceiling. "rosalie won't wonder about that because she's known hoseok all her life. from what i've heard, he was the first and only male figure in her life before you found out about her. she's comfortable in his company. after you and jangmi, he's probably her favourite person in the world."

jimin sighed deeply, scrubbing one hand over his face. "i'm not saying this because i'm jealous," he had to reestablish before continuing, "but, sometimes, they look like a couple. and it seems like hoseok might have feelings for jangmi." his eyes drifted to the side, the cream wall suddenly looking interesting. "are you worried he'll put the move on her?"

he scoffed, turning his eyes back up. "that's entirely their business. they just need to watch how they act in front of my kid." he muttered, fingers fiddling over his belly. "what did i say about using my niece as a front?" bora looked at him from her peripheral vision. "i'm not using her as a front. i'm serious about what i said." he argued. "well, if it'll make you feel better, i know hoseok doesn't have designs on jangmi." she stated. "how can you be sure?" he tilted his head to catch a glimpse of her, brows raised.

bora turned on her side, resting her elbow on the bed and propping her head up with her hand. "because he genuinely sees jangmi as a little sister. they've known each other basically their whole lives, if he had feelings for her, he would've tried at least once to let her know. especially those four years she was away when he was the only one she had, something could have happened between them but it didn't. hoseok talks about her with the affection of an older brother. and if i remember correctly, wasn't he the bridge that got you guys together all those years ago?"

jimin's mouth shut at that, having no argument to counter with. his gaze remained fixated on the bedroom ceiling even as he felt his sister's on him. "jimin, if you're starting to have feelings for her again - if you ever actually stopped - you shouldn't disregard them. this is serious."

he sat up abruptly, dropping his head, his back curved out. "it's not that easy to fall in love, noona. especially when it's someone you fell out of love with. especially me." he mumbled. "are you saying you're not an easy person to love or you can't fall in love easily?" bora sat up as well, pulling her knees up to her chest, making the cuffs of her silk pyjama bottoms ride up higher above her ankles.

"both." he clarified, tilting his bowed head up to look at her. she reached out, rubbing his back comfortingly. "i loved you the first time i set my eyes on your tiny face. if that isn't easy then what is?" she chirped. jimin snorted. "you're my big sister, you had no choice." he stated. she scoffed at him. "three-year-old me could very well have said i didn't want a baby brother and disliked you. what do you even mean?"

jimin laughed at her words. "i'm going to miss you when you get married, noona." he admitted softly. bora grinned, wrapping one arm around him and pulling him closer. "you don't have to say it, i know i'm the best big sis in the world." she said playfully. a disbelieving look passed across his face. "you're shameless." he remarked with a tut.

"and you're stubborn. i guess we've both got our issues, huh?" she retorted with a slight smile. "yours less than mine." he combed his fingers through his hair. she ran her hand over his arm in a soothing gesture. he leaned his head on her shoulder, allowing her to stroke his head. "it gets better." she assured.

jimin sighed, leaning further into the comfort his older sister offered. he really was going to miss her when she got married.

☀☀☀

i want a big sis like bora

ooh and thank you for 10k reads and 1k votes!! you guys are the best! ❤❤ - t