XXXII

ACT VII | SCENE XXXII

HOTEL ROOM

DULL PAIN SHOT through jimin's back as he rolled off the couch and landed on the floor. he groaned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and sitting up. his gaze fell on jangmi snuggling further into the couch. staring at her, he smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear.

he traced his fingers over her bruise and sighed. she didn't deserve this. getting on his feet, he slipped his arms under her knees and her back, lifting her up bridal style. quietly, he walked to her bedroom, placing her on the bed carefully and tucking her under the covers. she rolled to the side, turning her back to him as she snuggled into the covers.

he chuckled at her. "goodnight, jangmi." he whispered before turning around and leaving the bedroom. grabbing his phone from the dining table, he left the house. when he unlocked the phone as he slipped into his car, he saw more than a few missed calls.

even though it was past midnight already, he dialed the last number. "jimin!" came the immediate cry. "noona, can you do me huge favour and tell one of the maids to pack me a small bag and leave it with the guards?" he asked, ignoring the worry in her voice.

"you're not sleeping home tonight? what happened between you and mum?" bora questioned. "please, will you do what i asked?" he sighed out. "yes. but seriously, what happened?" the concern in her voice was even more evident. "i think you should ask your mother that."

"what does that mean?" bora gasped. "look noona, i have to go now. i'll call you later." jimin said before hanging up. he quickly checked his call log again to see a few missed calls from namjoon and taehyung. sighing, he started the engine and connected his phone to the car.

shifting the car to drive, he touched the small display screen on the dashboard, dialing taehyung's number. he picked up on the first ring. "park jimin!" his voice filled the car. "jesus, take it down a notch, tae. you're going to break my windows."

"are you driving?" taehyung asked. "yeah." jimin turned on his indicator, waiting for the traffic lights to signal his freedom to move. "where are you? where have you been the last...five hours?" taehyung queried. "i've been at jangmi's." jimin replied.

"why did you pull a houdini and not tell anyone in your house where you were going, huh? your dad has been calling my dad nonstop who's been hounding me like i'm aiding a fugitive! they haven't let me sleep in peace." taehyung chastised, tone annoyed.

jimin chuckled as he gained speed. "i'm sorry, tae." he apologised. "why are you laughing? is my misery amusing to you, huh?" jimin could almost picture taehyung folding his arms over his chest. "no, sorry." he cleared his throat. "what happened anyway?"

"my mum went to the school jangmi works at and made a scene. even left a nasty bruise on her face." jimin explained. "what? she hit her?" taehyung gasped. "left all five fingers of one hand on her face." jimin replied. "fucking hell." taehyung muttered. "wait. then what did you do?" jimin heard the suspicion in his voice.

"i kind of got mad and lashed out at her. i can't remember half the things i said but i told her that if i lost jangmi and rosalie because of her again, she would never see me again. and i threw a vase..." his voice tapered off towards the end. "what was that?" taehyung questioned. there was a short pause as he took in the words.

then he yelled, "you threw a vase at your mother?!" jimin grimaced at the boom of his voice. "not at her. i threw it against the wall...behind her." he corrected. "what is the difference?" taehyung shrieked. "that doesn't make it any better. jimin, you really need to control your blind rage." he added with a heavy breath.

jimin let out a deep sigh. "i know. i do the worst things when i'm angry." he admitted. "you're the scariest person i know when you are." taehyung's voice shuddered audibly. "so i'm guessing you aren't staying home tonight." he added. "no." jimin shook his head. "are you coming here?" he asked. "tch." jimin clicked his tongue. "no way. i'm staying at one of the hotels."

"won't he still find out though? it's his hotel, one of the staff is bound to tell your father you're staying there." taehyung pointed out. "i'll tell them to keep it hush." jimin expertly swerved off the highway onto the road that led to his home. "yeah, right." it was taehyung's turn to scoff.

"it won't be the first time." jimin stated as he made the turn that would lead him to his family's property. "the last time you slept out, wasn't it...?" taehyung paused to think. a smile made its way to jimin's face. "about seven years ago. when i first started dating jangmi." he finished. "yeah. you and your dad butted heads over you wanting to sing instead of going into the family business."

"and my mum thought i was being influenced by the girl i was seeing." jimin stopped the car in front of the estate. taehyung chortled. one of the guards approached him. he rolled down his window. "the bag?" he glanced down at the man's hands. "here, sir." he answered. "good. put it in the back." jimin gestured, reversing and zooming off the moment the door was shut.

"okay, tae, i should let you sleep. it's late." he glanced at the digital clock on the dashboard. "i'll have to call namjoon in the morning because he's sure to curse me out." he added thoughtfully. "no doubt about that." taehyung laughed. "goodnight, jiminie." he yawned, causing a smile to split jimin's face at the sound. "night, tae." jimin said softly before pressing the end button on the display screen.

he pressed his foot down on the accelerator as he weaved through the sparse traffic towards one of the hotels owned by dk group. tonight, he would be sleeping in a hotel room.

☀☀☀

sort of a filler chapter but also kind of important