C

ACT XX | SCENE C

DOUBLE DOORS

[two years later]
february 2019

JIMIN RAN ROUND the front of the car to the passenger's side, pulling the door open quickly after helping rosalie out of the belt that held her in place. carefully, he reached in and put his arm around jangmi's back and under her knees, pulling her up into his arms.

rosalie gingerly climbed down from the backseat, pushing the door close with all her strength. "hold on to papa's jeans, princess." jimin urged her and she obliged quickly, following closely behind him as he began to power walk towards the doors of the hospital.

he was met at the front by nurses with a gurney. with their help, he placed a groaning, panting jangmi onto it. reaching for rosalie who still had her small hand wrapped around the denim fabric of his jeans, he lifted her into his arms. adjusting the grip of the bag on his shoulder, he began to jog after the gurney.

"is mummy going to be okay?" the child in his arms whispered softly, concern written on her small features. "yes, mummy will be fine. this is what usually happens." he whispered back, reaching out to hold the woman's hand.

a loud groan left jangmi's lips as she turned to glare at him. "why did you do this to me, park jimin?" she cried, nose and eyes scrunching in pain. "this is all your fault!" she accused, pulling her hand out of his soft grip to hit him. "damn you!" she yelled, completely forgetting her almost six-year-old was in his arms and within earshot.

jimin was torn between amusement and guilt as he stared at his wife's sweaty face. "are you smirking right now?" her eyes widened with incredulity. he instantly shook his head. "why don't we switch places, hm? let's see how amusing you'll find it t– ah!" she yelled out, face contorting in pain. his lips pressed together, eyes scrunching as though he could feel her pain. he reached for her hand again. this time she didn't push him away, instead she kept a death grip on his warm, soft hand.

they stopped in front of the double doors that led to the surgery room. "i'm sorry, you can't go any further." one of the nurses informed him, taking the bag from him. his soft gaze moved back to his wife. "i love you." he murmured, bending over to press a kiss to her forehead.

"mummy, don't cry anymore. papa promised you'll be okay." rosalie reached over and placed her small hand over her mother's. jangmi allowed a grin to pull her lips up in spite of the pain. "okay, teddy bear." she let out. jimin let the five-year-old reach down to hug her mother. "i love you." jangmi murmured. "i love you too, mummy."

sighing, jimin watched as jangmi was wheeled into the room. "papa?" rosalie called, eyes still fixated on the doors. "yes, princess?" her father looked at her. "why was mummy mad at you?" she turned her face to him, doe eyes blinking.

the corners of his mouth lifted, teeth peeking out between his lips. "she wasn't. she didn't mean any of those things." he answered, making his way to one of the waiting benches, setting her down before sitting himself.

she still stared up at him expectantly. he chuckled at her expression. "you'll understand when you're older." he clarified. tucking her upper lip into her bottom one, she nodded, swinging her legs off the edge of the seat.

a breathless hoseok slid to a stop in front of them then. both father and daughter shot their heads up, gaze moving from his feet to his eyes. "uncle hobi!" the little girl beamed, arms lifting in natural reaction to him. "hey, rolly polly!" he reached for her, lifting her into his arms.

"how's she?" he shifted his gaze back to jimin who had gotten on his feet. "they've taken in her in. she wouldn't stop screaming." he replied breathily, eyes staring in the direction of the double doors. hoseok followed his gaze and smiled small. "go in. i'll stay with rosalie." he urged. a grateful smile made its way to jimin's face. "thank you!"

hoseok gazed after him with a smile. patting rosalie's back, he took a seat with her on his lap. "don't worry about a thing, angel. your mummy will be fine." he assured. "now, how about i teach you a new song?" he offered. smiling bright, the child bobbed her head in an enthusiastic nod.

as the hours passed, everyone showed up at the hospital. brigitte clung to namjoon's arm, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as he kissed her forehead in assurance.

taehyung had rosalie on his shoulders, playing around as soon as she woke up from the short nap she'd taken. hoseok and bora sat, having a conversation about an upcoming event.

sora and jin made light conversation about dinner recipes they were experimenting with. yoongi twisted jeongguk's ear while the younger man begged for mercy, tapping out repeatedly. hyunjoo laid her head on myungsoo's shoulder, quietly waiting.

finally, the doctor appeared, the double doors shutting behind her in a soft thud. all the attention of the waiting group shifted to her. "where's my mummy?" rosalie spoke up. the older woman, whose tag read 'doctor bae' glanced up at her with a warm smile. "your mummy is resting up, love."

"blue or pink?" she asked again. every pair of eyes looked to doctor bae, waiting for her response. she smiled slowly, shoving her hands into the pockets of her white coat. she leaned as if in thought before she finally answered. "you can go in and see for yourselves."

"thank you, doctor." hoseok smiled warmly before moving in the direction she'd pointed, followed by everyone else. he pushed the door open and stepped into the room where jangmi laid.

"papa! mummy!" rosalie ran into the room. jimin turned around, scooping her up into his arms. "hey, princess." he whispered, moving to the side of the bed. jangmi's eyes fluttered open and she smiled tiredly. "hey, rosie."

"mummy, are you okay?" the five-year-old asked worriedly, bottom lip jutting out as though she was about to cry. jangmi reached out with a wan smile, brushing a hand over her cheek. "i'm fine, baby. i promise." she assured.

"okay," rosalie nodded her head, sniffing slightly. jimin kissed the little girl's temple. "so, blue or pink?" she blinked expectantly. jangmi and jimin both let out a laugh. "look, she's not the only one dying to know here." taehyung interjected. "the suspense is killing us, please." yoongi added.

"why don't you see for yourselves?" jangmi chirped. "this again?" namjoon mumbled, shaking his head. brigitte flicked his arm in response. "i was about to say the same thing." jeongguk whispered, still rubbing at his sore ear.

jimin moved towards the little crib and let rosalie peek in over. a small fascinated gasp left her small lips as she stared down at the chubby baby. plump dimpled cheeks rounded as large innocent brown eyes seemed to look back up at her. park unmyeong smiled up at his sister who let out a squeal of excitement.

"blue!"

FIN

☀️☀️☀️

omg it's the end! after 14 ?? months, it's finally over. i'm so happy (and sad) to be able to say that. and omg thank you for 30k votes! y'all are amazing. i'm going to miss this story and you guys.
(update: unmyeong means destiny)
also i just posted the intro to the runaways so if you'd like to check that out, i'd appreciate it! (gotta get that shameless self promo in). eat well, stay hydrated and have a good day/night!
bye guys!