L

ACT X | SCENE L

US

HOSEOK BLEW A KISS goodbye as jangmi and rosalie did the same. his face disappeared off the screen and jangmi sighed, shutting off the laptop. "okay, sweetie, time for bed." she got on her feet and reached for rosalie who already had her arms up in waiting. "i want to sleep with mummy today." the child rubbed her eye with her dorsum, resting her head on her mother's chest. "you want mummy to be your teddy bear tonight?" jangmi stroked her hair.

"mhm," rosalie bobbed her head. "did something happen?" jangmi asked softly. "i miss uncle hobi." rosalie mumbled, snuggling closer into her mother. "aw," jangmi kissed the top of her head. "uncle hobi will be back soon." she whispered as she pushed the door to her bedroom open. she walked to the bed and, throwing the covers back, laid rosalie in it before slipping in after her. as soon as the covers were over them again, rosalie snuggled into her chest. stroking her hair, jangmi began to hum a lullaby to help the little girl sleep.

rosalie's slow breathing was already lulling jangmi to sleep as well when she heard the doorbell ring. reaching for her phone on the nightstand, she checked the time. quarter past nine. with a sigh, she carefully pulled her arm from underneath the girl, tucking her in under the covers. quietly, she made her way out of the room, leaving the door ajar behind her. she hurried when she heard the doorbell. she pulled the door open, not sure who to expect. her brows dipped in confusion, stomach fluttering at the sight of jimin in front of her.

he walked in without waiting for an invitation. her left brow went up as she shut the door but kept her thoughts to herself. she was still quite sleepy to get into an argument. "what do you want?" she leaned against the door, arms crossing over her chest in waiting. jimin lifted a stack of photos for her to see. her gaze moved to it and she instantly recognised them as the photos she had given him only days back. "couldn't that wait?" she took them out of his hold. "i also want to talk to you." he finally said when she began to walk to her bedroom. "i reiterate, couldn't that wait?" she disappeared inside for a couple of minutes before returning.

he noticed how she didn't shut the door completely before heading for the living room. "so what is it that couldn't wait till the sun came up again?" she dropped into the couch she usually sat in, pulling her feet up so she sat tailor-fashion. instead of sitting in the opposite couch where he usually found himself, jimin pulled up rosalie's cushion and sat directly in front of jangmi. her left brow went up for the second time that night as she stared down at him.

jimin regarded her for a full minute, wondering how she was so collected after the way their last encounter had ended. "are you going to stare at me the whole night? i could just give you a picture so i can go to bed." she chirped, although her voice was not all that amused. "i already have one from rosalie's birthday." he retorted. she blinked at him, not expecting the reply. "okay. then what is this about?" she rested her elbows on her thighs.

"us."

he watched the way her face scrunched and her eyes narrowed. he remained quiet, waiting for her reply. "us. what do you mean us?" she let out carefully, gaze wary. "this thing that's been hanging over our heads since we met again." he answered. "what thing?" she queried. he clicked his tongue at her. "don't act like you don't know." his fingers threaded his hair. "we have like a hundred things hanging over our heads since i came back to seoul, so no, i really don't know and we both know i'm a god-awful actress."

"everything." he supplied, toying with rings he wore, twisting the silver jewellery up and down his digits. she glanced down at his hands, lips pursing as she leaned back. "if that's the case, you really should've picked a better time, not when sleep's still stinging the back of my eyes." she said, rubbing the inner corner of her eye. he smiled then, eyes almost playful. "that's why this is the best time. you're too tired to fight with me."

☀☀☀

scene li teaser:

smiling in response, he leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to her lips, making her smile. "let's get out of this rain." he helped her up. "here." he reached into the large pocket of the coat and pulled out a sweater. she laughed, taking it from him and pulling it on as he held the umbrella over her head. it was loose on her small frame and smelt like him. "thanks, jiminie."

adios amigos!