XXII

ACT V | SCENE XXII

FAIRYLAND

ROSALIE GIGGLED AS she played with her friends, running around in a circle with them as they made the loudest noise. jangmi glanced over her shoulder at her, a huge smile making its way to her face. she'd dressed her up in a sparkly red ball dress the little girl had insisted on and weaved little flowers into her hair, so she would look like a fairy princess.

she leaned her head back to look at all the decorations again. god, bora and hoseok had gone all out. they'd chosen a fairyland theme. and the whole place looked better than her prom had.

fairy lights illuminated the entire room, casting a magical glow in the place. there was a huge tree structure in the middle with tiny fairy houses and a fairy house piñata which rosalie would break later. the floor had even been carpeted with soft faux grass. the kiddies tables were in the shape of wooden stumps. the chairs were soft colourful flower shaped cushions. realistic looking butterflies and flowers hung down from the ceiling. the huge cake that had been ordered was a fairyland with fairies in the different tiny houses.

the cupcakes that were also on the huge woodland style table had tiny fairies on top. the bowls and stands that held cookies, snacks and candy in the fairyland creatures and plants concept were baskets weaved with flowers. the bottles of drinks and cups all had been designed with the outline of a fairy. behind the table was a huge banner welcoming everyone to rosalie's fairyland party. another table held the gifts that had been brought by the guests as well as goody bags for the children.

transparent balloons full of colourful confetti were placed at different points in the room. and it seemed like her still arriving friends had taken the suggestion to come in their 'fairy attire'. and everyone got their own fairy wings at the door.

jangmi still couldn't believe that hoseok and bora had actually been able to pull such a detailed party in less than a week. the place was beyond amazing.

"he's here." someone sidled next to her. knowing it was jimin without even looking, she bristled when his shoulder brushed her bare one, shifting away from him as she brought her gaze back down and towards the doors. park myungsoo was walking in, dressed as casual as he could get in a blue button down shirt and black slacks.

she glanced behind him for any sign of hyunjoo and there she was, a slight frown on her face. clearly, she had been forced here by her husband. jangmi steeled, preparing herself for anything that could go wrong now that the woman was here.

feeling jimin nudge her, she approached the couple with him by her side. they both dipped their heads in a bow at myungsoo who smiled as he nodded, eyes glancing around the room. "where's my little girl?" he asked as the two lifted their heads again. "she's over there, playing games with her friends." jimin was the one to answer.

the older man looked in the direction that his son pointed, a smile gracing his aged face. "ah, she has the same energy bora did at her age." he remarked, making jangmi realise he wasn't as cold as he seemed to let on. she smiled a bit. she watched as he approached her with a smile on his face.

hyunjoo didn't follow him, instead she made her way to one of the tables meant for the adults, completely ignoring her son and jangmi. she sat in a huff, folding her arms over her chest and staring straight ahead.

with a slight roll of her eyes, jangmi turned to jimin. "i'm going to go continue getting the thank you notes ready with bora." she whispered. he nodded, watching as she made her way to one of the tables where bora was sat with stacks of wine coloured papers.

he pulled the red velvet box out of his jeans pocket, staring at it for a short moment before opening it. he smiled at the contents and glanced in rosalie's direction, placing it back in his pocket. his father had just left her to go sit next to his mother.

she glanced up at him then, a wide grin splitting her face, hand coming up to wave at him wild with excitement. the corners of his lips lifted in a big smile as he waved back at her. one of her friends tugged on her hand, pulling her attention back to their games.

sighing, he made his way to taehyung who was making balloon animals. "you said you could make a petting zoo but all i see is a snake pit." he chimed as he took a seat next to taehyung. "fuck you. i haven't done this in a long while." taehyung hit him with the balloon he was currently twisting.

laughing, jimin leaned away from him, picking up a balloon himself. "if you couldn't remember then why did you offer?" he asked, placing the pink rubber between his lips and blowing. "because i imagine it's much like riding a bike. it'll slowly come back to me." taehyung answered as he pulled the balloon into a giraffe carefully. "ha!" he stuck it in his best friend's face.

"one giraffe and three snakes. congrats, you've graduated from the snake pit." jimin teased as he tried to twist his balloons into a dog, deft hands moving quickly with the action. "you can talk when you successfully make one animal." taehyung jeeringly scrunched up his face at him in annoyance.

jimin opened his mouth to reply when he heard his name being called. "jimin!" his head snapped up, gaze moving in the direction of the voice. his eyes widened when he saw the last person he'd expected to, waving at him with a huge bunny like smile on her face.

jeon nari.

☀☀☀

dun dun dun! who could our new oc be hm? i think i mentioned her in vii, take that as a clue. and i can neither confirm nor deny a familial relationship with a certain jeon jungkook
bts serving looks on ellen bYE