LXIII

ACT XIII | SCENE LXIII

FACE MASKS

JIMIN CURLED SOFT wisps of rosalie's hair around his index finger as she slept in his arms. smiling softly, he brushed hair out of her peaceful face. she snuggled closer, burying her face in his soft cotton t-shirt. jangmi returned from the kitchen, staring at them for a moment, body leaning against the archway, a smile on her face.

"i should get her into bed." she said finally, voice quiet as though she did not want to interrupt the moment. he looked up at her then, watching her move across the room to him. "let me." he let out when she made to take the girl out of his arms. "can you do it?" she straightened, eyes intent on him. "i've watched you enough times." he replied simply, getting on his feet and held the girl to him protectively. "relax," she chuckled, rubbing his tense shoulder. his muscles became lax underneath her touch, lips parting to take in a huge gulp of air.

she opened rosalie's bedroom door, and allowing him to go in first, she turned on the lights. she quickly made her way to the drawers and pulled out blue pyjamas, handing the pair to him. standing back, she observed the way he carefully pulled her t-shirt and shorts off, resting the girl against his torso as he covered her in her pyjamas. he brushed her hair out of her face again, lifting her up against his body as he stood. something about the scene she watched made her heart flutter in her chest.

he walked to the bed, placing her on it carefully and pulling the covers over her. kissing her temple, he stood back for jangmi to do the same. "mummy loves you as big as the whole wide world." she mumbled into the girl's ear, smiling when she hummed and turned on her side. she put on the night light, grabbing jimin's hand and leading him out, turning off the lights on the way.

she held his hand until they were in her bedroom. letting go, she sat him on her bed and chuckled. "you look ridiculous." she remarked before pulling out the hair tie that loosely held the middle patch of his hair. "you really shouldn't be talking, you look like you had a full on make out session with a clown." he replied, intense gaze on her, eyes straying to her lips where he could still see the red lipstick that had been smudged all over her mouth. he resisted the urge to wrap his hands around her waist as she stood in front of him.

"so do you." she harrumphed and moved away from him to the vanity, clearing up the mess their daughter had made. she returned a few minutes later, holding a box of facial wipes. "i'll help you clean it off." she offered, sitting on the bed and twisting around to face him so that one leg dangled off the side. he mimicked her actions, watching her pull open the tiny lid on the top and pull out a wet tissue.

she leaned in, carefully wiping over his face with it, concentration pulling her brows together. his eyes stayed on her. despite how funny she looked, her beauty somehow fought its way through. "get over it." she remarked, still concentrated on getting the makeup off his face. "i'll clean it off once i'm done with yours."

"no, i'll do it."

she paused at that, eyes coming to meet his. her left brow arched, which was almost comical when her face was still like that. he forced the laugh back down his throat. "i'll help you clean it off. you know, return the favour?" he shrugged one shoulder lightly. "okay," she smiled, pushing his hair back slowly as she wiped at his forehead. her thumb brushed softly against his skin, leaving a trail of warmth in its wake. "finis." she leaned back seconds later. he grinned, realising rosalie might have learned that from her.

he grabbed a wet tissue, moving closer to her. her eyes fluttered shut as he brought it to her face. he took the opportunity to study her close up, eyes taking in every bit as he wiped the makeup off slowly, remembering every part of it clearly. golden brown eyes framed by long lashes, button nose with the mole right below it, small roseate lips, high cheekbones. it still awed him how little she seemed to have aged. he'd changed a lot and yet not so much.

he noticed the tiny smile on her face as he worked. "this feels more like a face massage." she remarked as he wiped her cheeks in circular motions. he grinned, catching how her lids lifted slightly to peek at him, her eyes hidden under long lashes.

"taehyung takes skin care pretty seriously. and he's always dragging me into his interests." he replied, glancing at her lips when they curled up. "like the cereal thing?" she asked. "yes. 'jiminie, your skin care routine is a nightmare, i don't know how your skin has survived despite your family's great genes.' 'jimin, even shrek has a better beauty regimen than you do. we're going to my dermatologist.' and now it's like a monthly thing." he tried to deepen his voice to sound like his best friend, making her giggle. "so you won't mind face masks?" her eyes shut again.

"rosalie caked an unhealthy amount of makeup on my face and i had it on for half the day, a face mask is more than welcome right now." his tissue covered thumb wiped over her lips with care. her eyes fluttered open to see him staring seriously at her lips, making her breathe in sharply. she smiled and wrapped her fingers around his wrist, ignoring the minor speed up of her heart.

his gaze moved up to meet hers. "i think it's all gone." she said softly and got on her feet, moving to the vanity again. she pulled out two packs of strawberry yoghurt masks, dangling them in his face. "is this why you always smell like strawberries and cream?" he asked, taking the one she offered him. "maybe." she chirped, tearing it open. she placed it on her face carefully, throwing herself back onto the bed, jimin mimicking her actions.

"how long do these stay on?" he asked, staring up at the ceiling. "twenty minutes." she answered, moving further up so her whole body was on the bed. "don't forget to send me those pictures we took today." he reminded, placing his hands on his belly. "sure. you better not blow them up and put them around your office." she replied, tone warning. "actually that's not a bad idea." his voice was playful as he turned his head to the side to look at her. "wow, i didn't know you wanted to die this much." she drawled out dramatically, her smile threatening. he laughed softly, taking a deep breath.

"today was fun. rosalie's a really great kid." he remarked quietly. "i tried my best." she answered with a smile. "well you did an amazing job." he complimented, eyes moving back to the ceiling. she glanced at him and saw how serious his expression was. "thanks." her lips curved up in a small smile. he hummed a reply, glancing at her for a second before focusing on the uninteresting ceiling again. they both remained quiet after that.

"jimin?" jangmi called softly when she heard his steady breathing. he didn't answer and she smiled, seeing that his eyes were shut. she pulled up the covers over his tired form, watching him snuggle further into her bed. carefully, she pulled the mask off his face. "goodnight." she yawned out, feeling sleepy herself. she slipped under the covers as well, eyes shutting slowly.

sometime in the middle of the night, rosalie slipped in through the door that stood ajar, clutching on to the teddy bear her father had given her, after being woken by a strange sound. even in her half asleep state, she recognised jimin sleeping next to her mother and beamed cutely. she shuffled her way up the bed, over her father, snuggling between her parents and making herself comfortable.

☀️☀️☀️

before i forget again, i just wanted to say thank you guys for 30k reads and 2k votes! i honestly appreciate each and every one of you that still click on this story whenever there's an update. you guys are the best and i say thank you for sticking with me so far. whether you've been here from the beginning or a new reader, you make me really happy.

 whether you've been here from the beginning or a new reader, you make me really happy