10 ~ 'Little Chester'

After Nick had to leave we exchanged numbers, I had a surprisingly good time with him. Our conversation didn't drag in, I wasn't mind numbingly bored... I had fun.

Checking my phone I decide since it's yet another day off my part time job at the bakery, I go down to the den. I'm quite a frequent member, well coach now. I finally gave into their constant requests. However the responsibility isn't too taxing, and I'm glad I can teach others how to defend themselves. Especially when they haven't been given the chance, the worlds a battlefield, and I don't mean it poetically, I mean it literally. "Oh!" Immediately stopping in my tracks I remember I'm picking up someone on the way. I go on a slight detour down some allies to get there faster. Tucking my legs up to my chest as I swing my body over a jagged fence. I get some strange looks as I emerge from the ally way, passers by eyeing me up and down. I manage a bitter smile back at them. I'll get changed at the den.

Dancing between the trees the sunlight flickers, filtering through the leaves above, flowing through the gaps like water. Advancing closer to the bustling high street. The crowd flows down the wide street. The mood of the animals swirled in unseen currents beneath the dark surface of their faces. I weave my way through the crowd, my spacial awareness on high alert as to not knock into anyone.

Young animals, all different, different laughs, personalities altering as they grow. The sense of youth, the innocence of it all. I'm greeted by a tight warm hug at the back of me, I spin around to pick the little sloth up. "Y/n!" He calls out, blissfully happy. His eyes sparkling with pure excitement. Chester has always been like this, his smile would brighten everyone's day, radiating to all. "You ready for the session tonight" I boop him in the nose playfully, his mouth lets out a little giggle "yeah! But I want you to help us tonight, the other trainer is so strict!" His little eyes capture mine, "I agree there, she sure knows how to discipline you kiddos"

"Anything interesting happened at school today?" His body slightly sways side to side on my shoulders. "Yeah! The police officers came in to talk with us" I feel his feet kick softly on my chest "I bet it was interesting" my voice trails off, police officers huh.
"It was funny, the officer kept making fun of the bunny, she got angry" he rocks back and forth, laughter erupting from the pit of his stomach. Wait, a bunny officer... There's only one bunny in the police force, and wasn't Nick's partner a bunny? "And was the officer making fun of her by any chance a certain red fox with green eyes?" Very certain by this, already knowing the answer. "He was, do you know him?" I feel his grip tighten as we descend down some stairs, "I do" paws tightly securing his feet. "Are you close? Wait are you his girlfriend?" I sense mockery in his tone, how cheeky "my my Chester, isn't someone being nosy"

He made me laugh throughout the whole walk to the den. The building a small one story, with thick verdant green ivory draped over the polished window frames. We both let ourselves in. And are welcomed by some of the members busily walking around. "Y/n, Chester, welcome back" strong arms warp around us both, pulling us into a strong embrace. "Daddy!" Chester calls out. "Were you good for y/n?" He cradles him in his arms, rocking him about  playfully, "he was no trouble at all" I add, placing my paws into my jacket pockets. "You felt like teaching today I see" he raises an eyebrow amused, knowing my ways. "Yeah, I'm not sure where the motivation is coming from" I confess, "but nonetheless, I enjoy teaching them, even if it only helps them the slightest, it can make a difference to their lives and confidence." As soon as those words have left my mouth, Warren gestures Chester to go get changed, before turning his attention back to me. "I'm glad you decided to show up... I trust you y/n, you're like my daughter, so I can fully believe you'll take me seriously" his stern tone peaks my curiosity, "what is?" I ask spinning on the chair, fingers intertwined over one knee. "I can't shift this uneasy feeling, I don't get the same feeling when I go out anymore. Have you been attacked lately?" Reflexes allow a blatant chuckle to come out, I correct myself "someone attacking me, never" sarcasm all over my words. His sigh softly deflates. The sigh that came was a signal, whipping my head around to the door.

----------------------------------------------
Author note:
I missed a day... Whoops. Plus I realise my writing, vocab isn't great this chapter in particular. I'm still writing, and I'll try to make the other chapters more interesting, plus I'm adding a new character in, I suppose it kind of an OC (original character) and definitely getting some more Nick action.