36 ~ Final ~ 'How far we've come'

Counting timeless memories, taking note of each and every emotion you feel within that precious moment. Its apparent how easy it is to discard such an important time, not recognising the ability and impact it can have.
In your life, it's true it can take one animal to change it all, the way you think, the way you survive. But putting the 'my life is changing' speech aside, I'm not going to abandon myself, my strength, no I'll continue to grow, and perhaps accept more of normality of life. Although joining this organisation will be interesting to say the least. The Secret Animal Protection, I much prefer it abbreviated to SAP, being apart of it and using my wit and skill, I look forward to rising to the top, having a goal makes it easier to turn up.

Diverting to other details, Warren is becoming very well known for his 'Stand Up' sessions for the youngsters. Chester is advancing in his training he begged me to set him, enjoying a new found skill of delicate bakes that don't taste half bad at all. Oh! Opal has become a leading officer at the ZPD, the Chief's personal favourite. And some rather surprising news that her partner Dennis made a move on her, which by my surprise, she didn't resist 'how strange' I thought. Dennis was blushing so much it was most amusing. They have enjoyed sneaking off into storage rooms to do some *ahem* extra work during breaks... Judy has been very generous sharing every detail that goes on at the ZPD with me. We've become very close friends, it's a rather unique relationship, nonetheless I love it. We've shared multiple ice cream Sundays with one another, and she even won the battle in persuading me to go out shopping with her.

And who could forget Seff? Cold and distant a lot like I can be. But our special bond and connection has not once altered, despite any slight tension. He's already started at SAP, he seemed suspiciously eager to begin. He tells me over many cooked meals how irritating the young female he's been paired up with is, he would much prefer someone else. That someone else being me he says, he's still so cautious around others, which I don't criticise for one second. We've both had the 'you think I care' attitude under us, it's helped us a lot after all, though caring even the slightest opens me up to some new feelings. It's not all too bad.

I have never been very good at expressing this emotion. Whenever I try to express the emotions whirling in my soul, my throat tightens blocking me from saying anything.
So show me your soul, show me your heart, each perfect beat. I'm a fighter, and I'll continue to fight tirelessly for you, my loyalty will know no bounds. Not only as your lover but as your best friend, your 'giggle buddy' or whatever. It doesn't have to be endless passion, that's impossible, since there's that looming thought that chills me 'love doesn't last'. But eternal friendship can, a balance with no need to threat, worry. It will be the most natural thing.

"I love you Nick"

"Sorry, I didn't catch that"

"Well I'm not saying it again!"

"Are you certain about that?"

"Of course! I make no-"

But before the words leave her mouth his arms are around her. Tugging her closer to his chest, head tilted upwards to meet his mischievous gaze. "Still not going to tell me?" Paws finding their way to the back of her ears, toying with her, knowing how flustered she can become.
Yet it has the opposite effect.
A smile cracking along her lips, she mirrors his. Pulling herself up closer to his face with no warning, inclined upwards so he has no where to look but at her. A scarlet red blush rushing onto his cheeks, spilling out to his ears.
Jolting forwards a couple of centimetres she plants her lips firmly on top of his. Moulding them perfectly together. Sweet and innocent with a hint of mischief. They allow themselves to get lost, losing sight of their surroundings, content.

Knowing things have never been better.

----------------------------------------------
Author note:

Thank you for reading I most appreciate it!
😆