31 ~ 'Flicker, back to the den'

"Enjoying your milk?" She laughs, head falling back, facing the ceiling. The more time she spent with Judy the more her spirit lifted, she was the new friend she'd needed for so long. Perhaps a new friendship will blossom. How trivial. "Please don't hurt him" all joking aside, Judy does feel towards Nick, not as strong as y/n, but they have been partners with quite a few memories. "That's exactly what I've been trying to avoid Judy... I-I love him... so much" she looks away ashamed, "But being with me will cause him so many issues for him. Then again, maybe it won't"
"Y/n..."
"One thing is for sure, no one will have the chance to hurt him, I've got that covered"
"For some reason I believe you. I don't know why, I barley know you, but if Nick trusts you... I believe you" her words encourage her, "time to give love a shot right?" Shrugging her shoulders with a faint smile. "And I just know your love story will be my favourite"

Y/n's P.O.V

Nick was asleep when I went up to check on him with Judy. I decided to leave early, but she said she'd call me when he wakes up, letting me know. Descending down the last ramp of the car park, watching the road as I cross the the other side, tail swishing contently side to side. I hear the faint sound of shouting, shimmying my way past, wiggling through the tight space between two walls, a much quicker short cut to the den.

I don't just see the bulb flicker, I hear it too. As I'm cast into brief spells of darkness down the hallway,  it crackles, or perhaps its more of a buzz. I'm not sure. "Y/n! Come with me, your presence is wanted" still paying attention to the flickering light I wander into the main hall. Making eye contact with Seff in the corner, paws in the pockets of his hoodie, leaning against the wall next to a few other animals, who were huddled in a small group discussing something involving clip boards and pens. "Go to Seff, I'll be with you in a a few minutes" gesturing me away he quickens his pace over to the group of animals with clipboards. Following his uncoordinated bumbling introduction, "he's been like the all morning, looking for paperwork, licenses, health and safety forms" furrowing my brows at his run down of Warren's state of mind, "what, are they inspectors or something?" He looks away, seemingly uncomfortable. Seff's acting strange, uncomfortable.
"Something's up, what is it?"
"It's nothing, I'll handle it"
Placing a paw on his shoulder "Seff, let me know if it gets too out of hand, I'll sort it out if it does, I'm here for you"
He pauses then look at me.

"Always"