The Big Guy

"Aren't you two afraid that the Big Guy will find out about this?", asked another unseen being.

The other two were startled. One of them almost fell.

"Must you always sneak up like that?"

"If I must. What are you two up to? Meddling?"

"This isn't meddling. This is helping things along. She did wish for it."

"Just because she wished for it doesn't mean that it should be granted."

"It was a cry for help."

"She was confused and really sad. Did it ever occur to the two of you that her judgment might just be a little clouded?"

The two looked at each other, then just laughed.

"Oh I see. Very well then. I shall remind you that He sees and knows everything."

The other two stopped laughing and stared at the one talking  to them.

"Well.... then why doesn't He stop us from doing what we're doing if this is meddling?'

"Did it ever occur to you that like everybody else, you two are being given the chance to do the right thing?"

And then the two were left alone once more.

"You think.....?

"Do you....?"

"Nah!!!!" they both said together.

________________________________________________________________________________

"So you're still single," Kyle asked Claire.

"Uh... yeah, last time I checked."

"How old did you say you are?" Sean suddenly asked.

"I didn't, but since you want to know. I'm 36 years years old."

"Really? You're quite young to be a professor in Research aren't you?"

"No more younger than you are who happened to be teaching English lit."

"What's going on here?" Jane said. "What's this with the age thing?"

Tweek!

"Uhm..... speaking of age, my mom who just called just informed that she's dating! Can you believe that? She's almost 70 and she's dating? Which is more than I can say about myself. I suddenly feel so pathetic."

"It isn't," Kyle told Claire with a smile. "Your mom's just out there. Being a full time professor like you will have no time for dating."

Sam and Jane just exchanged glances, while Sean kept staring Kyle.

"Thanks. I guess?"

"You know what?"

"No, we don't, but I'm sure you're going to tell us, right?" answered Sean.

Kyle just looked at him, then continued, "My dad who also just called also informed me that he is dating too. He even told me her name, which is..... your last name is Miller, right?"

"Yes? Why?"

"Are you in any way related to a Teresa Miller?"

"Yes, she's my.... woah wait! Is your dad's name, Robert Morgan?"

"Oh my goodness!" Sam exclaimed half laughing, smiling from ear to ear. "Your mom and his dad? Oh this is just too much!"

"Oh my gosh!" Jane said. "This could not be just a coincidence?"

"No such thing!" Kyle said. "Everything is inevitable."

"Really?" asked Sean sarcastically.

"It does NOT take a genius to see that. What are the odds that our parents would be dating and I would be friends with Sam and he's friends with Claire?"

"Is that how you got the teaching job here? Because you're friends with Sam?"

"No," Sam said. "He got in because of a glowing recommendation from Ned himself. He gave the letter to the dean before he left."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Anyway, so Claire, what are your thoughts on age differences?"

"Okay that's forward?"

"Ooh!!!! This is getting just a little bit more exciting isn't it Jane?"

"Way too exciting. Can you imagine your friend and my friend meeting this way and their parents are dating? How cool is that? Claire's social life just got a little bit more colorful, don't you think?"

"Ahhhh.... you do know I am here and I can hear you two talk about me and my social life suddenly becoming colorful."

"I'm up for that!" Kyle said.

"Up for what?" Claire asked him surprised at what he just said.

"Making your.... life colorful."

 "You're going to let those two do this?"

"Oh yes. Let them be. I know what will happen, but they don't."

"I had no idea you actually have a sense of humor, Boss?"

There was a chuckle.

"Oh my child. I may be the Big Guy or as you like to call me, the Big Boss, but that does not mean I don't know how to have a little fun once in a while."