Kyle, Sam, and Sean

They were at a diner off campus. They were all looking out the window watching the first snow fall. It's been months since that day happened. When all unraveled, when the truth finally came out.

Sam and Kyle became friends again. Sean made peace with Kyle and both agreed to be "agreeable acquaintances", since the term friends was still a stretch.

"Now that everyone knows you're not really gay. How will you now fend off any potential student who might want to create scandal for you?" Kyle asked Sam.

"I don't think that will happen. I think when they found out I just allowed that rumor to spread, they all thought that there is something not quite right in my head. It's a big tun off."

All three laughed and moments later their food arrived.

"So Kyle. How's the EQ?"

"You are really going there aren't you?"

"Come on! If you're going to hang with me or us, you better get used to that. Think of it this way. It's how I show I don't hate you. I might not like you very much yet, but I don't hate you."

"Fine. FYI. The feeling is mutual."

"Never expected anything else."

"Have to admit. This is weirdly refreshing. You two not at each other's throats for a change."

"EQ," said Kyle. "Still working on it, but I'm getting there."

"He still have some kinks to work on."

"Don't push it!"

Sean laughed at Kyle.

"Bubbles," said Kyle.

"Nice one, Kyle! Now let's talk about something else. So you two? How's Claire?"

Sam and Kyle were silent, not knowing what to say.

"Oops! Sorry! Just inserted an "awkward silence" moment."

"We're sticking to the agreement. We remain gentlemen through out all this," Sam finally said.

"Cliche as it may sound, this is a classic "may the best man win", and we are not being hasty."

"Either way. Claire will be lucky to have either of you. Yes, even you Kyle."

"You know, killing someone with a spoon is so much more painful. Oh look! I have a spoon."

"He won't really do that, right?"

"Please say that he won't? I mean, he is just joking. Right?"

They all laughed. Kyle was feeling satisfied with himself for being able to come up with that. He truly was improving.

Sam was feeling proud of Kyle. He knew he had it in him. Which is probably why he knew that Claire would be a good match for him. It was painful that he had to step back and remove himself out of the equation, but he knew it his heart that it was the right thing to do. At the time at least. And in a roundabout way, he needed to see. He needed to go through that experience to finally realize how much he really wanted to be Claire.

"Humans and their humor!"