Sean and Kyle

Kyle.

"That was nice. I mean I had a real good time. Thanks Kyle. Oh look! We're still holding hands?"

"So?"

"Well, Sean's not around anymore so...."

Kyle smiled at her.

"You think I held your hand just because of him?"

"Well, you two seem to be having a grand time annoying each other at my expense."

"I do apologize for that. He is acting all jealous when he saw us together."

"Jealous!? Sean!? Oh no, no, no! There's nothing going on...."

Claire stopped as Kyle started coming close to her. Leaning.

"Oh look! We're here! My apartment. And these are the steps going to my apartment," she said nervously.

"I like you Claire. I believe I have already expressed that on more than one occasion. But I am exercising control."

"This is you exercising control?"

"Believe me, you have no idea the amount of patience I am having right now just so I could stop myself from further expressing to you how much I like you."

"You really are very straightforward aren't you?"

"Sam gave me an idea on what you've been through. So i thought it logical to exercise control and take it down a notch. I so want to kiss you right now, before I say goodbye, but I am going to stop myself for now since this is our first date and I do not want to scare you as I think I already am doing."

"Me? Scared?" she said her voice shaking.

His face was really close now. He could kiss her at any time but he didn't. But he lingered. His nose touching hers.

"You and I will have more dates, Claire. Count on it."

With that Kyle kissed Claire on the cheek and started walking away.

"Oh, by the way. I will text you the details on this gig me and my friends have this Friday night. I already have tickets for you and the others. Oh and FYI. I did not just take your hand because of Sean. I really wanted to hold your hand. It felt really good to do it. Specially when it made Sean even more furious."

Sean.

"What is your deal?"

"What?"

"Sean, I swear if you ruin this for Claire, it will be hell to pay!"

"Woah Sam! Relax. What are you talking about?"

"Stop acting like the overprotective friend all of a sudden, okay?"

"Look, I know he's your friend and you know him, but I am just looking out for her."

"I'm sure you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You tell me, Sean. You tell me."

Sean and Kyle.

Sean saw Kyle at the park bench and in spite of him not liking the idea of interacting with him, he still went toward him.

"Hey Sean."

"Kyle."

"Let's get right to it. Do you want me to stop dating Claire?"

"Wow! Okay, uhm.... why on earth would you think that?"

"So you have no problem me dating her."

Sean was silent.

Kyle stood up and faced him.

"Let's make one thing clear. My intentions toward Claire is none of your business, but I assure you they are good. So if you have no intentions of being more than a friend to her, stay out of my way and stop pretending that you are just being an overprotective friend to her. Got that?"

"Clear as day, pal."

"Good."

"You better have good intentions toward her. Because I will NOT be pretending to protect my friend from anyone who will hurt her in any way."

"I'm not the one whom she should be worried about being hurt by someone. I mean, like I said. My intentions are good. What about yours?"

Sean just looked at him, not saying a word.

"I'll see you around, professor. Behave yourself."