A List

"What's wrong with me? I mean, Kyle is.... well....."

"Please, oh please do NOT tell me that you are letting Sean get in the way of you being happy with Kyle!"

"Bubbles?"

"C, listen to me. You've been used to be at the receiving end of the unrequited love thing for so long that you are having a hard time wrapping your brains around this!"

"This?"

"This! You, Kyle. Being happy!"

Claire was silent. The word bubbles keep popping in her head.

"C. You've gotten so used to guys giving you attention because they find it really comfortable to be close to you without expecting any romantic inclinations, and now that there's actually someone who is giving you attention with expectations of a romantic inclination, wait... I shouldn't say expectations cause that sounds so low EQ and freaky.... I should say, here is a guy who wants to give you attention with the HOPES of a romantic inclination from you, and it's not something your familiar with, so you're freaking out. You're not used to this. You're in unfamiliar scary territory."

"This Jane person has some wisdom in her."

"I agree most definitely."

"Sweetie, I cannot force you to unlike Sean just like that. It's three years. If it were that easy you wouldn't need the bubbles. I also cannot force you to instantly like Kyle. By the way, I do agree, and the word agree tastes like vinegar in my mouth, with what Sean said about him having a low EQ, however, be that as it may, if there is something you can say about these high IQ, low EQ guys. They don't know how to lie. So when it comes to being in to you, he's the real deal."

"You think?"

"Yes, bubbles. I not only think, I know. And I do get why Sean is still creeping in from time to time."

"You do?"

"Unfortunately."

"Ha-ha."

"Admit it. There's a tiny part of you that wishes that things will work out with you and Sean and at the same time wishing that Kyle could be the one."

Silence. Bubbles popping in someone's head.

"You watch Game of Thrones, right?"

"Game of what?"

"Thrones? I think the Jane person said game of thrones?"

"What is that?"

"You know about Arya's list, right?"

"Yeah? I know you have a point but, please get to the analogy immediately cause you do know what that list was all about, right?"

"Haha! Bear with me. Okay. She told Sansa that no matter how long her list got, killing Geoffrey was always on the first of her list. Well, in your case, it's the other way around."

"I am not planning on killing anyone just yet. Not even Sean."

"Haha! No, no, of course not. Again, bear with me. Your list is like this. Not necessarily in this order okay?"

"Okay?"

"One, God is already telling you Sean isn't the one. Next, maybe the reason why you haven't found the ONE is because he is still being prepared for you. Next on the list is maybe He is preparing you still. In spite of your age you are still immature so before you meet the ONE, you have to have that emotional maturity. So it doesn't matter if your fifteen, thirty or seventy, if you're not ready, then you're in the NOT YET pile."

"Go on."

"Next. You're already mature enough, but the Big Guy doesn't want you to meet the ONE yet because there are some things you and your ONE still have to take care of before focusing on each other. Next, wow this a long list!"

The two laughed.

"Okay," Jane said composing herself. "To continue. You already have met your ONE. It could be Sean or it could be Kyle."

"Or it could be Sam?"

"Seriously?"

They laughed again, this time it took a longer time for Jane to compose herself.

"Okay, ehem! Where were we? Oh! Uhm.... If it is Kyle, then what's stopping you from letting God let His plan work for you?"

"Or if it's not Sean, then maybe God is exposing you to him so when you meet the ONE who is just like Sean, you will know how to handle him."

"But..... if it is Sean. Maybe God is preparing you how to handle him in the future now that you know his quirks and flaws. If and when he and his girlfriend whom we are hoping he remains faithful to while they are still together do break up"

"But sweetie. That last one, is in the last of your list. And just like Arya's list, no matter how long yours get, that last one will always be at the last. Remember that, okay?"

"Leave it to you to actually make an analogy of my situation with a character in Game of Thrones."

"Well I am special like that."

"Ooh! I searched that Game of Thrones they were talking about and I must say I do not like all that... that... but I did find that list they was saying."

"I really like this Jane person. When do we reward her?"

"Thanks Janie. I don't know what I'd do if you're not here to be my voice reason and clarity. You and Sam."

"Bubbles?"

"Bubbles."