Rewards? Yes, Rewards

Two years had passed, and a new school year had started. Jane and was waiting for Kyle.

"Finally he comes!"

"Sorry if I was late. Traffic."

"If you had woken up early, you wouldn't get caught in traffic and you would not be late. Now come on. Sam's already there."

"Wait, wait," Kyle told her and showed her what he was hiding behind his back that she did not notice when he arrived.

"Happy anniversary!"

It was a pint of ice cream.

Jane smiled and gave him a hug, "But this will melt you know?"

"Not if you put it here."

"Oh a thermal bag! You thought of everything!"

"Of course! Now let's go. Sam's waiting."

At the airport Sam was waiting by the escalators, he was looking around when he spotted Kyle and Jane approaching. He waved at them.

Jane gave him a hug and he and Kyle shook hands.

"Been waiting long?" Kyle asked him.

"No not long. I think they've arrived. I see you two are still at it?"

He was referring to Jane already eating the pint that Kyle gave her.

"Maybe I shouldn't have just brought the bag. We wouldn't need it."

Jane could care less and just kept eating her ice cream.

Moments later Sean and Claire came up the escalator.

One year ago.

Claire was sitting by her apartment window when he got a text.

"Go to your favorite place," it said.

When she got to there what she saw took her by surprise. She was out of words. There was so many of them, different colors, different sizes and shapes even. They were everywhere. It was a sight to behold. It was beautiful.

"Bubbles," Claire was all she can say.

Just then he came out of the floating bubbles and walked toward her.

"Took me a while to get this in order but I finally did it. Like it?"

"Like it?"

"Like it? I love it! This is.... it's...."

"Are you crying? Oh C, I'm sorry." he gave her a hug.

"No! No!" she said slightly pulling away. "I'm not upset. I am just really really happy. You did this? All this?"

He smiled and blushed a little.

"I had a little help."

Claire gave him a hug.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Well, after all you've been through the past year, I think this is the least I can do. For you. For you two."

"Wow! This is... wow!"

The two turned to see who was talking.

"Finally! You came! Now could you do me a favor and take your place beside her. Now that the two of you are both here, I think it's my cue to leave."

He gave Claire a hug then left.

He walked toward her and held her hands.

"So?" he said.

"So?" she said.

"I love you, Claire."

"I love you too."

Back to the airport.

"I see you two are still at it," Sean said looking at the pint Jane was eating.

"Oh yes," Jane said. "We made a promise that he will always buy me a pint of my favorite ice cream on the day that he and I decided that we will be friends."

"Haha! You forced in to watching that chick flick that day. But yes, we did became friends that day. No regrets."

Jane smiled at Kyle and patted his shoulder.

"Is there any way you would stop eating that ice cream and I could get a kiss from my girlfriend?"

"Awww," Jane said slightly blushing and gave him a kiss. "Love you."

"Love you back," Sean replied.

While all this was happening Sam and Claire were talking. When they saw them, Sean smiled and remembered that day at Claire's favorite place.

"You really did good back then," Jane told him as if she knew what he was thinking.

"You made me work hard to make sure that thing worked," Kyle said. "But it was your idea, so yes. I agree. You did good back then."

Sam took her and pulled her close.

"So," Sam began. "How was the seminar?"

"Boring. The only exciting thing was when I saw Sean in the airport and found out we were in the same flight going back here."

"I am glad."

"Missed me?"

Sam leaned in and kissed her.

"What do you think?" Sam asked her after the kiss.

"I missed you too."

"I love you Claire."

"I love you too, Sam."