Sam and Jane

Jane.

"When did you get to be so wise and grounded?"

"Wise and grounded. Two words I never imagined would be in the same sentence when people are describing me."

"I'm serious, Janie. You seem so mature and so content."

"Well, I wasn't born that way. I learned."

"I wish I could just be content at being single and unattached. Yet here I am! A mess at forty!"

"C, I am just as a mess as you are. Well, "were" anyway."

"What? You?"

"You want to know how I appear to be so content when it came to being single and unattached? It's because I found a way to accept that maybe for now it's what the Big Guy wants."

"I've had my fair share of romantic inclinations in the past. None of them ever really worked out. I guess I have too high expectations."

"Who you?"

"Very funny. Anyway. That was years ago. Ever since my last boyfriend I've been single for a long time now. I guess the Big Guy is finally telling me that you should be single for now. Take a break or be single forever."

"Either way, I am okay with it. I haven't closed my doors to the possibility, I mean look at you! Just when you thought you've had enough of the romance department, here you are going bonkers over a confusing boy and a low EQ guy."

Sam.

"Why Philosophy?" Sam said to Claire as they sat waiting for the others to join them at the cafe. "I don't know. I just like to explore the meaning of life."

"Want some butter with that corn?"

"Haha! I know. Such a corny answer. I have no ideal answer for you I'm afraid."

"Why are you still single? Not that it's a bad thing, but why? I mean, look at you! You are one of the most attractive specimens I have ever laid eyes on! Seriously, if you were not so gay, I'd be pining over you and not Sean!"

"You crack me up! Well, I have an answer for that, a very good answer actually, but I shall reveal that answer to you in due time."

"What!? Come on! Not fair!"

"Nobody knows. Not even Jane. Kyle does but low EQ he may be you will never get it out of him. He is built that way."

"I hate you right now."

"I love you too, sweetie."

"Fine! Patience is a virtue."

"That is indeed! You know what! Let's hang out. Just us. No Jane, no Kyle or Sean. Just us. We never hang out that's just us."

"Oh sure! I would love that. Then maybe you can finally reveal that reason why you're still single in spite being so attractive and all."

"Nice try."

"Darn it!"

Jane.

"What else happened with your date with Kyle?"

"Huh?"

"Don't huh me! I know you. Spill!"

"I will tell you later when we get to the cafe. You need to be seated when you hear it."

"Ooh..... my interest is piqued! What have you two done?"

"Nothing nasty if that is what you're thinking. Be patient! It is a virtue."

"I hate you right now."

"I love you too."

Sam.

"Promise me that you will tell me sooner rather than later your really really good reason why you're still single, please!"

"Yes, I will. Gosh you are so adorable right now."

"Oh I tell you my friend, if you weren't gay, that would do it for me."

"I like this Sam person as well but there is something about him I could not put my finger on?"

"Me as well. But we are not always gifted of being able to see the thoughts of feelings of these humans. Sometimes we can, and sometimes we can't."

"It is very frustrating when we can't. But in those moments that we can, oh what joy. Specially with this Claire person we are working on."