When There Are Bubbles. There Should Be Prayers

"Look," Jane said as she showed Claire what she had in her hand.

"Really?"

"Thought we make our own bubbles instead of just saying them. Plus, with this temperature, the bubbles will freeze and would become like crystal spheres!"

The two giggled like little girls as Jane gave one of the bottles to Claire. Soon bubbles surrounded them as they sat on Jane's front porch. It was a beautiful scene. The temperature was really low and some of the bubbles soon started to freeze. Those that landed on the snow became solid that they looked like crystal spheres.

It was one of those rare moments that there was peace or close to it. As the bubbles float and freeze, while some popped, Jane and Claire enjoyed the serenity of it all.

As the bubbles floated, Claire's thoughts floated with them. If there ever was a time that she understood the significance of bubbles when someone needed cheering up. Their meaning when one needed to detach and find some peace. How they helped when one felt overwhelmed.

The bubbles, they floated away, they popped, some lingered and in the snow and froze. Regardless, they never failed to give joy. To give peace of mind.

Claire imagined the stress of her problems floating away with the bubbles. And when the bubbles popped, she imagined those stress disappeared along the popped bubbles. And when they froze, she imagined that in spite of all the anxiety, heartache and the emotional turmoil, there was still beauty, there was still good. She cherished this moment, which was made even more special because Jane was spending it with her.

Jane, her anchor. Her best friend. Her voice of reason.

"Thanks, Jane."

"Anytime."

"I wish it could be like this always."

"Well, we can do this again once when we run out of soap?"

"You know what I mean."

"Of course I do. I wish the same. If only our cares will just float away in these bubbles and pop away."

"If only."

"Speaking of cares. What about two of yours?"

Claire just smiled at her and continued to blow bubbles.

"Having a hard time deciding?"

"Who do you think I should end up with?"

"Oh come on, C! You shouldn't be asking me that."

"Come one! Just give an opinion."

"Fine!" Jane said then gave a deep sigh. "I honestly don't know."

"You don't know? What about me? I thought once the truth came out, I'd be less confused, but boy was I wrong. I am in even more confusion than before."

"I can't say I blame you."

"When Kyle kissed me the last time, it felt different. It was like there was... worry?"

"Was that the time you were about to talk to Sam? Well, maybe it's because Sam is in the picture?"

"When Sam kissed me it felt like there was longing."

"Ooh!!! You got around didn't you?"

Claire started hitting Jane's arm while Jane laughed and blew bubbles at her.

"Would you be serious? Can't you see that I am a mess?"

"Oh sweetie. You maybe in a mess, but you will get out of it like you always do. You will get out of this one, and that's a promise. And I'll be here to help you should you need the help. Promise."

Claire hugged her friend and felt secure. She knew she would never have to deal with this alone. She will be fine. But one way or the other she will have to make a decision. She will have to make a choice.

"No matter what, I'll be here for you."

"Just as I will be for you to."

"I know. But do me one favor."

"What?"

"Please do not choose because you have to? Sometimes the right choice is... well, not made in the first place."

Claire stared at her confused.

"Sometimes you don't have to choose. The choice will be revealed to you. All you need is to just let it happen. Let it come to you. And when it does, it would be the best choice you have ever made."

Claire thought about what Jane said. Maybe she was right. All she needed was not to think. Or at least not to think too much. The answer will come and her choice will be made for her.

Somehow.

"A little bit of bubbles, and a lot of prayers." Jane told Claire.