There Is No Angry Way To Say.... Bubbles

"Hey guys!" Sean greeted Sam and Jane who were already seated in the common room for the faculty. "What's all this? Where's Claire?"

"She's coming in a while," Jane answered him. "As for these. They are from Kyle who cannot join us today cause he's giving a special exam for a student who was admitted recently for an emergency appendectomy."

"But," Sam continued. "He did manage to drop these off here for Claire."

"Really?" Sean said with a frown forming on his face.

He looked at what Kyle left for Claire. Hershey hot dark chocolate drink, cream cheese and plain beagles.

"This guy's really gunning for it," he thought.

"Surveying the scene, Sean?" Sam said breaking Sean's trail of thought.

"Oh there she is! C! Over here!"

Claire immediately saw Sam and Jane and went to join them.

"Hey guys! Hi Sean! Oh what are these?"

"Just a little something that Kyle dropped off for you," Jane said with a grin then she slowly looked at Sean.

"What kept you?" asked Sam.

"Oh, this student wanted an extension on their draft. It's due today but something happened with their file so they asked if they could have until 5pm to submit. I said yes. It's only 3pm so I think they'll make good on that. This is really nice of Kyle. He didn't have to, but it's really nice."

"Nonsense!" Jane commented still grinning and looking at Sean again. "You deserve to be treated special like this. In fact, as a way to say thanks. You should take a picture of it, post it in Facebook then caption it with your heartfelt thanks."

"Or she could just text him or thank him in person when she sees him," Sean said also looking at Jane but not grinning.

Jane, still grinning met his look. "Oh by the way, C. Sam and I are so very appreciative at you preordering our coffee for us."

Just then, Sean noticed he was the only one without coffee.

"Oh! I think Claire was in a hurry when she preordered these and forgot yours. Don't worry, Sean. I am sure you are still special to her.... like that."

"Hehe, bubbles," Claire said quietly.

"So," said Jane. "How was your date with Kyle last weekend?"

"Bubbles!" Claire told herself in her head.

A scene from last Saturday's date.

"Claire?"

"Sean! Hi!"

"Kyle?"

"Sean. I see you have groceries with you."

"Yeah. Men do that sometimes. You two going somewhere?"

"Actually I am walking Claire home."

"Home? So you guys went somewhere?"

"Yes, we did. We watched a movie together and had dinner."

"Oh? I didn't know there was anything you liked showing, Claire?"

"Oh I didn't either, until Kyle asked me to watch it with him. It's nice. I liked it."

"So where's Jane and Sam? You always go out to watch movies with them."

"That's because if they were here, we wouldn't be on a date, now would we?", Kyle answered him as he took Claire's hand making sure Sean saw it.

"Bubbles!"

"What?" asked Kyle and Sean confused.

"Nothing! So, uhm.... it was nice bumping in to you, Sean. We better get going, still have some papers to check and you still have that special exam to review right, Kyle."

Kyle smiled at her and nodded.

"I will see you around campus, Sean."

Back to the common room.

"Well isn't that quite the coinkidink or should I say there's no such thing," Jane said all the while looking straight at Sean.

"So you're going out with him already huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean? (bubbles she said in her head)."

"I mean you just met him. By the way. Just curious. How come he's younger than me and he's already a professor?"

"Well, FYI", Sam said to Sean. "He is a genius. His the son of Dr. Robert Morgan, Kyle Robert Morgan. Child prodigy. He graduated high school at 16, graduated college at 20 and finished his masters and PhD before he was 30."

"16? Graduated high school at 16? I've heard of kids breezing through high school as young as 10, even younger."

"He said, pretending to sound unimpressed," Jane said.

Sean shot her a look.

"Bubbles!", again in Claire's head.

"If you must know he could have easily done that. He could have graduated college and finished his two degrees at twenty, but he chose to pace himself. But the truth cannot be denied that he is too big to stay in high school or in college so he eventually he had to graduate earlier than most."

"So how come he's only teaching here now?"

"Well, he decided to teach in his high school for a few years then to his college alma mater, but he's been interested in teaching here where his father graduated, so when Ned left, the position was all his. Any more suspicious questions, officer?"

"How do you know him?"

"Family friends."

"So when he said it doesn't take a genius at the party, he was being condescending? No wonder he's so forward with you Claire. His IQ may be over developed but his EQ is nowhere near being one."

"Just because he's OBVIOUSLY and CLEARLY showing an interest on Claire, his EQ is impaired?"

"Isn't it a fact, Jane? High IQ people have low EQs?"

"So the only reason he's showing interest in me is because his EQ doesn't know any better?"

"No! No! That's not what I mean!"

"Then what do you mean?" Jane asked Sean looking straight at him with a really big grin.

"Did you just do that? Tweeked it or something?"

"No I did not!"

"Then what's happening?"

"Something very very exciting and interesting?"