"Twist of Fate" (Part I) by CrystalVernice

LORELEI

It's now three'o clock in the afternoon and I was sitting in a chair beside his bed. The window is open as the cold breeze of air spread freely in the room because of the rain. I smile ironicly as I felt my eyes started to swell up and become red. As I stood up, I gently start walking towards him. I know something's missing, yet I know it was right in front of me. I sat beside him, as my tears starts to fall while raining outside the hospital gets to be heavy. I gently touch his face...still no response from him.

"Oh my Alistair, please wake up"

Please wake up, its been two months since Alistair is in the state of coma. I tried to be brave, to fought for my own feelings because I don't want to be like this, I don't tolerate with drama. I wiped my tears by my own hands but even how many times I tried, I can still feel the pain. Without him I feel broken. If it isn't because of myself, maybe I will be the one to take on your place. I bend myself down to his ears and whisper words that I didn't said earlier to him when I still have the chance.

" I love you" I wish you heard it, my love.

I miss my childhood friend. He always protects me from further danger. Alistair is my knight in shining armor, but maybe it is time for me to do the same for you, my love. I was about to kiss Alistair's forehead, but someone interupted me, it was Jamie. I can sense she was shocked. I was in an awkward situation .

" Ikaw! Ano ang ginagawa mo kay Alistair?" she asked me while blushing after seeing the scenario.

I covered my lips as a response, indicating as a "secret".

She calmed herself to recover and now I'm in a hot seat. Jamie kept asking me tons of questions by which I tried to cope up with.

"Kailan ka nagsimula magkagusto sa kaniya?" I can see in her eyes that she was interested to know the truth between me and Ali.

"Hindi ko alam kung kailan nagsimula, basta naramdaman ko na lang." There is no point of denying it. I was caugth off guard.

Jamie smiled and hugged me. We are still in Ali's hospital room and after she loosen up the grip on her face become serious.

"So what do you need from me Jamie?" She wouldn't not hug me for nothing. Even if she felt the anticipation I knew she needed something from me.

"I need your help and Loki, dear." Jamie looked at my eye pertaining she was dead serious about her favor.

" What is it Jamie?" Loki asked as he step into Ailistar with his usual bored look, what would we expect from our club president, he always act like he doesn't care. We were not friends, we're just his acquaintances. Nothing changed, Jamie hugged Loki. I made myself to calm Jamie. Even Loki didn't mind, she's still calm and manage herself. If Loki didn't act cold I've thought he loved Jamie's action.

As Jamie clears her throat, she starts to say her request.

"The main reason, Loki, is yesterday, both my female and male characters have been food poisoned, and we don't know what was the main cause. The doctor adviced them to stay in the hospital for a couple of weeks and our play will be held this Tuesday." Jamie was really affected, I can see it in her eyes, because she was a theater actress and it was natural for her to be disappointed if that play will be nulled.

"So what's the deal with me and Lorelie, you want us to solve for the food poisioning case?" Loki said without looking to us like he was bored and not interested. Jamie shook her head.

" No, I want you and Lorelie to be the substitute for the lead cast of those who's still here in hospital." No words came out from my mouth after Jamie said her proposal. Why did she suggested me to be Loki's partner? I thougth she was jelous whenever I was near to Loki.