-5-

Jinyoung called the elder's name repeatedly as he tried to run after the moving car. Mark however, drove off without a hesitation. Anger and disappointed filled his insides as his cheeks became damp. He drove off to someplace hot, stuffy, and loud. Someplace he could take his mind off of Jinyoung, who was currently getting in his own car as he chased after the elder.

Mark who drove earlier than him, had already arrived at his destination. He recklessly pulled into a parking space, not bothering to perfect his parking. He quickly made his way in and immediately took a seat by the bar, grabbing a random drink and placing it to his lips.

Jinyoung was able to watch out for Mark's car and found it parked by a sketchy club. When he entered, sweaty bodies instantly bumped into him as he tried to search for the elder. Glasses clinking, guests whooping, and loud music blared into his ears.

Once he had found Mark, who obviously had too much to drink in just the span of ten minutes, he came to find the elder's body pressed up against a smaller female. His arm wrapped around her waist, his other hand held the back of her neck as their lips made contact.

As if Jinyoung's whole world shattered and time had stopped, he could no longer hear the music nor the man telling him to get out of the way. He froze in his spot, his brows furrowed in shock and his mouth held agape. He watched as the girl shoved her tongue down his boyfriend's throat, and the elder had no problem with it.

The same man who was causing a commotion, was able to catch Mark's attention as he pulled away from the girl. His head turned to the direction of the loud voice which also happened to be where Jinyoung was standing. His mind immediately sobered up as he quickly let go of the stranger he was holding, making his way to the younger.

Maybe Mark had forgotten that he didn't like girls, and that he'd made a promise to Jinyoung that he'd never leave unless it was time to part from each other. However, that didn't matter to Jinyoung, who at moment pushed the elder off of him as he tried to caress him.

He slapped him hard across the face as he gave him a long stare. His eyes brimmed with heavy tears, his nose already starting to turn red. Mark held his cheek, not knowing what to say. He watched as the younger turned away from him and pushed passed the sweaty bodies, not caring about the old, angry man.

It took a few seconds before Mark came back to his senses and decided to run after Jinyoung. Despite being half drunk, he was still able to catch up to him.

"Jinyoung-ah.", he tried to restrain the younger male who continued to thrash his arms.

One particular push against Mark's chest made Jinyoung lose his balance. He toppled back and forth until he started to fall back completely. In the middle of his fall, a car driving at a fast speed instantly hit its bumper against Jinyoung's small body.

The young male was rolled over the hood of the car before falling onto the floor, hitting his head hard on the cold pavement. The last thing he saw before closing his eyes was Mark quickly making his way over to hold him, while he yelled words that sounded incoherent.

~

When Jinyoung woke up, he was greeted with a pounding headache and a stiff feeling on his neck. He couldn't move it at all. Upon bringing his hand up to his jaw, he felt a cervical collar wrapped around his neck. He furrowed his brows in confusion and slight pain.

His eyes roamed around the room which was quite large. There was a small sofa on the other side of the bed he was laying on, and next to him was a big board of cards and notes that read 'get well soon'. He also noticed he was in a soft, blue hospital gown and a pump was attached to his skin.

Jinyoung was alone at that moment. He couldn't recall what had happened before but just hoped someone would walk through the door so he wouldn't feel as scared as he was starting to become.

Thankfully, the door did open and someone happened to walk in. It was mom who had just gotten back from home.

"Eo-eo--", Jinyoung tried to speak. His mom didn't hear and set the plastic bag on the small coffee table.

"Eo-eomma.", he managed to say in a hoarse voice, making the woman turn her head. Her mouth dropped and she ran towards her son, pulling him into a hug but still kept mindful of his injury.

"How are you feeling?", she asked him. He was too tired to speak so he slowly brought his hand up and pointed to the water bottle on the table. His mom instantly knew what he wanted and grabbed for the item before gently helping Jinyoung.

Once he had finished drinking, he felt much better. "W-What happened?", he managed to say yet in a small voice.

"Well, you hit your head. Some idiot driver wasn't watching where they were going, but I'm glad you're okay.", she said as she patted his head. Just then the door swung open once again, but this time a tall, young man entered the room.

It just so happened to be Mark who had just gotten back from the convenience store. He'd noticed Jinyoung sitting up speaking to his mom which made his eyes widen in shock.

"You're awake.", he said happily as he made his way to the bed, hugging Jinyoung tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay!"

Jinyoung was taken by surprise but didn't hug back.

"Wow, the doctors here are so friendly.", Jinyoung chuckled at his mom who froze when she heard what he had said. Mark's wide smile slowly faded and he pulled away slightly, looking Jinyoung in the eye.

"I-I'm sorry, but 'd-doctor'?", he whispered, confusedly. Jinyoung only nodded slowly, uncertain of the situation. Mark and Jinyoung's mom exchanged worried looks before turning their attention back to the patient.

"J-Jinyoung...It's me.", Mark spoke and he started to worry.

"Do you not know who I am?"

"Am I supposed to know who you are?"