Bonus Chapter - End

~March 17, three years later~

"It's the poodle!"

The child holding onto Jinyoung's hand pointed to the small beige poodle waddling towards the group children. They had decided to head out for a walk to enjoy the crisp weather and the small hand clasped in Jinyoung's warmed him right up. 

"Can I go? Please~?", the child asked cutely. Jinyoung smiled warmly before nodding to send him off. Just then he received a text message from one of his fellow comrades back at the school. 

Jinyoung, you've a letter in your mailbox.

~

"Let's pretend they're on a boat.", a child said to another as they played with ragdolls dressed in pretty plaid trench coats. 

Their teacher sat behind his desk, tucking away the pile of newsletters for the children to take home for their parents. Then he remembered the letter waiting for him. 

Rummaging through the cupboards, he found the black box where his mail was left. Upon finding the baby blue envelope, he slowly sat back down onto his seat and opened the letter, Mister Park Jinyoung, it read.

Park Jinyoung

You are cordially invited to witness the espousal of 

Im Jaebum and Choi Youngjae 

on the nineteenth day of September. 

He chuckled lightly, his eyes bright and full of adoration. He had remembered when someone mentioned to him the engagement of the said couple and he felt more than honoured to have been invited. 

~

Mark hyung 

I know that our parents wouldn't be able to handle us as brothers, 

So we were made to be best friends. 

Will you be my best man?

Jaebum. 

Mark was currently playing around with the sounds on the keyboard in his recording studio until he ripped off his headphones upon reading Jaebum's letter. He quickly grabbed his phone, dialed his number, and yelled, "Yes, I'll be your best man!"

Jaebum had already invited him three months prior but hadn't mentioned anything about a best man, and of course he didn't hesitate to agree when asked. 

The group would spend the rest of the months preparing for the wedding, with a lot to book and the constant nagging of parents who always suggested that they knew better. 

~

~September 19~

A certain groom by the name of Choi Youngjae was currently seated by a bar two hours before his wedding. Next to him, sat two friends of his, Mark and BamBam who were helping him out with practicing his vows.

"Y'know if you really wanted to, you can recite Victor Van Dort's vows.", BamBam suggested, earning a frown from Mark. 

"Jaebum hates the Corpse Bride -- gives him 'heebie jeebies', he says."

"Guys! What if I don't even remember to bring this piece of paper?", Youngjae continued to worry. 

"You won't need it if you mean what you say. Just pretend it's the two of you -- no one else in the room.", Mark calmed him down, causing him to take a deep breath and starting again. 

After what seemed like hours of practicing, BamBam thought he would take Youngjae back to the hotel to freshen up before guests would start to file in. Mark had said he would stay behind for a little while longer and meet them at the church. 

"May I have an iced tea?", he asked the bartender, not planning on getting drunk before his friends' wedding. He waited patiently, watching the rerun of Friends on the TV above him. 

"Is this seat taken?"

He rotated his stool, facing the person which the voice came from,

And before him stood the man who had rejected him years ago, the man who left him at the airport gate, the man who made him believe in enchantment once again. 

"P-Park Jinyoung.", he whispered softly, a small smile upon his face. 

The said male smiled with his eyes, a little shy. 

"May I sit with you?", he humbly asked. 

~

They say time goes by even quicker when you're with people whom you love. The two had spent the remaining hour reminiscing and catching up until it was time for the wedding. 

Mark had told Jinyoung that he was Jaebum's best man and apologized for not getting to sit next to him but the younger reassured him that his other option would be much better than sitting in the audience. 

It wasn't until Youngjae's vows that tears actually started to fall from Jinyoung's eyes. He chuckled at a certain inside joke about sushi which brought back memories about Jackson in Japan. And then he noticed Mark. 

Mark who wasn't paying any attention to the couple but to Jinyoung who sat in the second row. He gave him a small smile which he kindly returned and for a few seconds, he imagined that it was his and Jinyoung's wedding -- that it would be their turn soon.

"You see that? -- he actually cried!", Youngjae teased Jaebum while waving their clasped hands in the air before both running down the aisle. People threw flowers and petals at the couple before following them out. 

Jinyoung waited patiently for Mark to descend from the platform before proceeding out the church with him. 

"See you at the reception! Don't forget your dates.", Jaebum said as he and his new spouse got into their limousine.

"Shoot.", Mark said. "I forgot to bring a date."

A sly look came across Jinyoung's face, "I'll be your date. I forgot to bring one, too."

The elder looked him slightly amazed in the eye, before smiling softly and nodding  slowly. He grabbed his hand and interlocked their fingers before jogging to the curb to hitch a cab. 

When Jinyoung left for Switzerland, Mark had told him not to forget their memories and he never did. He himself also told Mark that he would be eternally grateful for their shared moments and that he should create new memories. 

He just didn't think it would still be the two of them in the end. 

END