-6-

"Am I supposed to know who you are?"

Mark slowly removed his hands from Jinyoung's cheeks and backed away. Is this some sort of joke?

"J-Jinyoung, it's Mark.", his mother softly spoke, bringing a hand to rub against her son's shoulder. Her eyes exchanging between the two.

A blank yet somewhat confused expression laid upon Jinyoung's face. This man who was still sitting at the foot of his bed, did not at all look familiar to him. He isn't dressed like a doctor, he told himself. Unless the doctors here wear ripped jeans and baggy over-sized shirts.

"I don't know him--", he tried to explain to his mom before the older interrupted.

"Jinyoung-ah.", Mark spoke sternly as he took the younger's hands in his and stared into his eyes. Hard enough to burn holes into them.

"Don't play tricks on me, now. I know you're still upset about what I did but don't use this as an excu--"

"What are you talking about?", Jinyoung furrowed his brows, slowly trying to release himself from Mark's grip.

"And I'm sorry but I really don't know who you are." Just before his mom could butt in, a nurse passed by the open door.

"E-Excuse me!", she yelled, running after her. The two were left alone in the hospital room and all they could hear was the conversation outside about paging a doctor to Jinyoung's room.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, Mark was becoming impatient -- somewhat angry. His eyes pierced Jinyoung's head, his lips tightly pursed. The younger on the other hand avoided his gaze and fidgeted with his fingers and wrists, which was a habit of his that Mark always noticed and loved.

One could almost slice the awkwardness in the room.

"Alright, Park Jinyoung, is it?", a deep voice spoke, making the two turn their heads to the man in a white coat and clipboard. Jinyoung's mother softly lifted Mark's arm to gesture him off the bed and out of the room.

"It'll just be a moment, Mark.", she grinned before shutting the door, the last thing he saw being Jinyoung.

~

After having been told that his memory had been lost and the chances of it ever returning were small, Jinyoung rested his head and slowly shut his eyes. No, he wasn't asleep. He just had to make people think he was to avoid being asked any questions.

His mind started to wander, specifically to the last thing he remembered which happened to be some sort of birthday party. He tried his best to remember everything, to force himself to recall all the events that have happened in his life. The overthinking led him to sweat and a massive headache.

"Jinyoung!", gasped his mom when she noticed his state. She pulled him into a sitting position, and caressed his head.

"Am I gonna be okay?"

~

This pudding tastes like shit. Mark stood from his seat in the hospital cafeteria to throw away the remaining contents along with the spoon. He should have picked up a snack from the bag he brought with him when he got kicked out.

From his peripheral vision, he was able to make out a familiar outline which happened to approach him. It was Jinyoung, who managed to convince his mom to let him downstairs to get 'fresh air' but he really just wanted to see if the elder was still there. He hadn't stopped thinking about him since he left, and why he was so persistent.

"Let me.", Mark offered his hand which Jinyoung rejected with a soft smile. His limp was obvious but didn't stop him. He pulled out a seat for himself and Mark sat across him. It was silent for a while but the elder waited for Jinyoung to speak first.

"My uh. My mom told me a little about you -- said you were my boyfriend or something. And that that was why you were upstairs and were so forward.", the younger softly said, chuckling a little when saying the word "boyfriend".

His shy gesture made Mark smile a little. "Well, yes I am your boyfriend. And I'm sorry about what happened back there."

Jinyoung shook his head, reassuring him. "Sorry I pushed you away without an explanation."

"Sorry the pudding they feed you tastes like shit.", Mark said with a small smile, making Jinyoung burst into a fit of laughter.

"Well it is really crappy."