-8-

To say that time had gone by quickly would be an understatement. It had been half a year since Jinyoung's accident and bits of his memory slowly came back ever so slowly-- not all, which Mark was guiltily happy about. Speaking of, the elder had decided that they move in the same home since they had already graduated. They chose a unit in a condominium not too far from Jinyoung's original home but was affordable yet cozy for them both. 

Jinyoung worked in a daycare from the hours of seven to three and Mark, well he was still a hard worker in both his jobs at the skateboard park and cafe. He switched back and forth from both jobs each day and would leave an hour after Jinyoung but arrive home at six. Though the two were busy each day, they made enough money to support themselves and spent their weekends together. 

"Hey, Yugyeom's birthday is next week. He just texted me asking if we're free to hang out at his place.", Mark said as he descended from the stairs, phone in hand. 

Jinyoung walked over to him, patting his hands dry with a towel since he was currently making dinner. "When?"

"Saturday at five."

Jinyoung looked away from the phone and up at the ceiling as he tried to recall which one Yugyeom was. He remembered meeting them months ago and they all still met up but for whatever reason, the only friends he remembered were BamBam and Jaebum. He remembered the way the others had reacted when he confessed he didn't remember them all but the two mentioned felt so honoured that they just had to brag.

"Yugyeom, the one with the bowl cut and who you would tease.", Mark spoke when he had noticed Jinyoung thinking. The younger formed his mouth into an 'o', nodding indicating he now remembers. 

"Yea, we can go. Five to what?", he asked.

"Dunno, with these parties ya never know. Anyway, what's for dinner?", Mark said with a smile, giving Jinyoung a soft kiss on the side of his head as a thank you for preparing his meal.

~

Jinyoung continuously refreshed the GPS on his phone, ensuring that the address he punched in was correct. Yugyeom had moved into a new home and the two had trouble locating the building. 

"Maybe you mixed the numbers up?", Mark asked, searching for the house number as he slowly drove. Jinyoung shook his head lightly.

"It's 463--wait, there!", he pointed to a house on the corner of the street. Mark sped up and after what seemed like forever, the two finally pulled into the driveway where two other cars were parked. 

"Hey!", Yugyeom greeted them when he opened the door. Mark entered first, followed by Jinyoung and Yugyeom who was reaching for their coats. In the dining room, a thin male sat on a stool, a drink in front of him and his eyes immersed in a game on his phone. 

"Isn't it too early to be drinking, Bam?", Mark teased as he approached the said man who finally looked up from his phone and greeted the eldest with a hug. Jinyoung stood from a short distance, happy to see someone whom he had remembered well. BamBam pulled him into an embrace as well just before the doorbell rang once more. 

The next person to arrive was Jackson, who lately Jinyoung had been starting to remember more of. The last thing he remembered about him was the argument they had about the difference between wool and cotton, which Jinyoung quietly chuckled at. 

Once they had all been gathered, Jaebum and Youngjae being the last to show up, they sat in the dining room with their plates full of food that they all voluntarily brought and some of which Yugyeom even cooked and had delivered.

Jinyoung felt shy at first, just clinging onto Mark and eating his food slowly until Youngjae brought up an old memory of the seven of them on vacation at Jeju-do. Jinyoung smiled at the thought since it was one that he began to remember. He remembered the shapes the clouds formed in the sky, the waves in the sea, and the small bonfire they gathered around. 

The men had unknowingly spoken of moments they felt Jinyoung would remember which most of he did, and he felt more comfortable at that. He saw BamBam reach for ddom yang kkoong, a soup that he had knew was his favourite. He noticed the way Jackson would wave his chopsticks in his hand as he spoke, which triggered a memory of a piece of meat flying due to the same movement. 

He chuckled at Yugyeom's reaction when they would tease him about his voice, and old memory sparked in him when he once thwacked his ear for having said something silly.

He noticed Jaebum's right arm pressed against Youngjae's left arm, and when he dropped his tissue on the ground and knelt to pick it up, he saw their feet entwined and softly rubbing against one another. This made his cheeks burn a little, not knowing that the two were that close. 

Lastly, he noticed the way Mark looked after him throughout the night. The way he would feed him food off of his own plate and made sure he got the bigger piece of a serving. He would wipe away the elder's stains off the sides of his mouth, and pour him more wine in return. At one point he looked over at Mark and stared at the side of his face, which the elder happened to notice and returned the sweet gesture.

The night went by ever so quickly, and when it was time to go it was already passed twelve in the morning. Mark had suggested that they leave first considering he didn't want to overwhelm Jinyoung anymore. The celebrant exited them out the door, with goodbyes heard from the rest of the group who were still inside. 

~

Mark threw the covers over his head as he nestled in their shared bed comfortably. His hair was still damp from the very late night shower he had but he didn't mind. He waited patiently for Jinyoung to come out of his own shower and climb into bed with him. The younger was finishing up with his skincare routine which he took much pride in -- it's not easy being handsome. 

"Hey, maybe it's just me but Jaebum and Youngjae seem to have gotten a lot...closer?", Jinyoung said, making Mark laugh a little. 

"Jinyoung, they're engaged. They're getting married when Youngjae graduates, remember?", the elder said. Jinyoung shook his head but wondered that maybe it was the reason the two arrived at the same time and for their...clingy behaviour. Not that he was complaining, though. 

He shyly climbed into bed and laid with his right side turned to Mark, who was laying down facing the ceiling. He turned his head to face the younger, a small smile appearing on his face. Jinyoung felt his cheeks burn up and he quickly hid his face in the covers. 

"Why're you so shy?", Mark chuckled, trying to pull Jinyoung closer to him. The younger giggled softly, trying to get away from Mark's grip but somehow ended up on top of him. He stopped thrashing his movements and straddled the elder's waist. Mark looked up at him with soft, curious eyes, waiting for his next move. 

Jinyoung placed his hand on the side of Mark's face, his thumb softly caressing his cheek. 

"Don't say anything.", the younger whispered as he leaned in for a kiss.

--

do y'all want a full smut lol